Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not doing anything big, but just goofing off time to time and worry about the inevedible drop or fall.

What's the biggest reason to go full cage? Just the protection? Will race rails do a decent job for someone not full-time stunting?

And who makes good kits for both?

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
If you’re going to be stunting I say cage. But if you are just looking for a lil more protection than sliders race railz would be good. I want the railz for mine. The only downside I could see is having to take the rail off every time I changed my oil. Correct me if I am wrong but the railz tap into where the engine mount bolt should go and I would not like to be pulling my engine mount every 3,xxx miles or so. I also hear they can get in the way if you ride track

·
Banned
813 Posts
if you are planning on killing the streets or you "like to hit corners" I would do race rails for sure. Cages are the best protection but they are a little nerveing when you are taking corners around 60 and you hear scrape scrape scrape LOL:thumbup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
that what i did. i wanted a full cage... bit since i like to scrap my knee on corners... i didnt think it would be the best chose... so if your doing both.... race rails... i do soem "part time stunding" but instead of relying on the rails... i try to drop it slowly! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.