Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Full Exhaust Upgrade

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  s30 
#1 ·
Now it is time to get some more power out of my bike. Time for an exhaust upgrade, I just sold my brand new Two bros slip on, I heard its not to good for a slip on. and so I really want to get the most power out of my bike. I have an 05 1000 bone stock, What should I get? who makes the best full exhaust system with the most power output while sounding real real good? I keep hearing about yoshi, and i hear Akropvic is expensive, is it the best out there? can i mix up different brand headers with another type of pipe or does it all have to be the same brand? Help... Im trying to to spend from 1 to 2 g's. Im only trying to get the headers and pipe first, i know I have to get a power command after that, but for now let me just stay within that budget first. Thanks

:thumbup:

#2 ·
For 2g's you should be able to get a full exhaust and a power commander and probably have a decent chunk of change left over to get it dyno tuned also. There is no point to mixing and matching headers and cans. You might as well just buy a full system. The header will be made to work with the pipe it comes with. You would end up wasting money by mixing and matching 2 diffrent exhausts. Im not sure what the "prefered" exhaust system for the K5 1K is thou, someone else will have to chime in on that. Yoshi and Suzuki go together like peanut butter and jelly thou.

#3 ·
Seeing from your previous post you are wanting to do wheelies, I think that a full system exhaust for your 1000 isn't really what you want.

Most people, when they say they want to get more power from a bike, especially a 1000, aren't really looking for more top end power, they want more low end torque. A full system won't get you there. In fact, it will rob low and mid range torque for more top end power.

Can you REALLY beneficially use 2-3 hp more than the 180 you already have? Stock, your 1000 already has enough power through the gear range that keeping the wheel down during hard acceleration is an issue. And if it isn't, you aren't riding it right and extracting the power you have anyway, so what's the point of modding it.

#4 ·
imo...put the power to the ground faster with the sprocket changes...thousands of dollars for a few more ponies you dont need unless you drag race the bike to me isnt worth it...like the Tee said, that bike makes monster power already, its just in the higher rpms.......... thats my .02

#6 · (Edited)
yosh and suzuki. that's like a leaf to a tree. sox and shoes. chest hair and chuck norris. it just meshes so well

yoshimura does all their work and testing on suzuki's from what i hear. so their product is tried and true to us.

at the end of the day its all a matter of opinion. a pipes a pipes a pipe. it's the tuning that pulls the power out. ;)

#7 ·
like they said if your looking to rip the front tire off the ground faster then sprokets is your best bet, but if your lookin for best sound and braggin rights out there to have the very best then Termignoni is the way to go, they are the very best thats out there.

#10 ·
not for everyone its not in the wrist you get guys out there that are total dipshits on bikes that think there billy bad ass till they end up on there asses
i think im a bad ass.... my name's billy..... what are you trying it say? :infrandom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.