Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2000 gix 750, wicked nice. Eurotail, polished frame, forks, swingarm, pegs, everything but the wheels. Anyways it has a full yoshi rs-3 system on it and the thing sounds incredible (my neighbors are going to lynch) but I'm just wondering about how much extra power that should give the bike. Is there anyplace I can go to find a comparison chart with all the big names and their horsepower?
I'm also wondering how much more a K&N filter would give me, like 2-3 right? And what else should I do over the winter for performance that won't break the bank? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
kinda hard to tell how much extra hp you got but generally you should see about 4 to 5 hp on avg but best way to know is to take a a dyno and get a run to figure where ya at now vs where it should be

·
Registered
108 Posts
the first thing i would do would be to get either a pc3 or a ems to remap the fuel curve.. then maybe throw in a k&n just for the hell of it.. i will tell you that i have a full hindle system on my 02 750 with a pc3 and k&n filter and i really dont notice much of a difference in hp.. i have a little better throttle response with the pc3 but that is about it.. if you are looking for noticable horse power gains then the k&n or pc3 is not going to do it..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really? I was under the impression that a full system was going to give me around 10 or more. I read the pipe comparison in sport rider or something that showed most of the slip ons getting around 3-4.5 more hp, so I thought a full would be a lot more.
That makes me glad that I didn't pay 900 or something for the system, at least it sounds good though.

So what should I do for some more power besides pipe, filter and pc3? Maybe in the affordable bracket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this wont increase your HP but I have a 99 750 and i went up 4 teeth on the rear sprocket. granted it takes a little bit off the top end but if your looking to just be quicker i can tell you that you'll notice a big difference. just be careful on how big you go because going up too much will make it hard to keep the wheel on the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
on the older bikes it would gain you alot of Hp but on the newer more advance bikes it is critical but not as much. I am sure you could with tweaking get quite a bit more outta exhaust but would cost you a little bit more than you would expect

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually the bike is already -1 in the front, so that's about the eqivalent (sp) to +3 or so in the back.
Aren't any of you guys on stuntlife? Go there and just check out some pics of the massive sprockets. Some guys are running them almost as big as their rim, like 70 tooth+ sprockets, it's nuts. But of course they redline in 6th at about 50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.