Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, I was riding my bike today and noticed a knock when releasing the clutch to engage 1st gear. Don't know if this is normal or if I should risk the dealer service time for diagnosing it... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
kinda hard to say Your question is kinda vague,but do you hear it as you ride

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Reyd1 said:
Just wondering, I was riding my bike today and noticed a knock when releasing the clutch to engage 1st gear. Don't know if this is normal or if I should risk the dealer service time for diagnosing it... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
does it do it when you have the clutch pulled in and is it just in first, or all the time when your in gear and off the clutch. we need some more info to help you out man.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually only happens from a standstill. Letting clutch out and I hear a"knock" or pop from the bike when the clutch is almost out. It only happens in 1st gear. I do not hear the pop/clunk in any other gear and it happens with hard, or relaxed acceleration.

I wonder if it is from having a new bike w only 850 miles on it

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Reyd1 said:
Usually only happens from a standstill. Letting clutch out and I hear a"knock" or pop from the bike when the clutch is almost out. It only happens in 1st gear. I do not hear the pop/clunk in any other gear and it happens with hard, or relaxed acceleration.

I wonder if it is from having a new bike w only 850 miles on it
Is it everytime you hear it or just certain times, it sound like its just the transmission meshing when your starting to let the clutch out. Lemme know.

·
Registered
543 Posts
just for curiosity sakes, what kinda of oil r u runnen, syn or non-syn, and do you attempt a lot of wheelies, i've heard of this problem b4.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the noise happens most of the time. non-stunted, no burn outs, full syn oil. If I listen carefully when going really slow(i.e.:5-15mph) in 1st, can hear the pop occasionally.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
its only in first gear, but you can hear it when you are moving?

·
Registered
543 Posts
i'm confused but it almost sound like a tranny problem, :headscrat if a gear fell out of line or even lost some of it's fullness i could lead to a problem, but besides the sound, how is the bike running? oh and my most important question is where does it sound like the noise is coming from, sorry if you allready answered that i was just to lazy to look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem. I have an 04 750 with 200 miles. I brought it into the dealer twice and both times they tell me its nothing and to just give it more gas....i think thats bull cause i ride three other bikes and never had this happen.

it makes a clunk when i take off in first. Not sure what to do about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it makes clunk when you take off....sometimes makes the clunk sound when you let off the throttle in first gear....sorry, my bike has 2000 miles, so it's already broken in.

it started making the sound after i had the rear tire replaced by the dealer. since then it's been making it. annoying as hell, other then that the bike runs great.

·
Registered
543 Posts
04' still under warranty, and it's a techs fault, i would give it to them, let them hear it, xplain to them that it started after they removed rear tire and they should fix it, they might give you a hard time but just keep pushing them, they will cave in. I've been threw a similar situation where it was a techs fault, goodluck and let us know what happens :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
gixxersvnfty said:
it makes clunk when you take off....sometimes makes the clunk sound when you let off the throttle in first gear....sorry, my bike has 2000 miles, so it's already broken in.

it started making the sound after i had the rear tire replaced by the dealer. since then it's been making it. annoying as hell, other then that the bike runs great.
The clunk is just the transmission, the gears meshing as you let out the clutch and then again in the opposite direction when you let off the gas. That is what it sounds like to me. The fact that you started to hear it more when the tire was replaced could have to do with the tightness of the chain. To me it sounds like nothing is wrong but I wouldn't know unless I heard the sound.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
gixxersvnfty said:

it started after your rear tire was replaced, try checking your chain and make sure your rear axle nut is torqued accordingly.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
ok then i'll make the sound for ya..........clunk :D
:thumbup: :thumbup: :laughingr Smartass!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts