Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Mod
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey, got a quick question. Since this is my first bike, and I haven't really paid attention to gas milage recently, i wanted to ask, what kinda gas milage you guys get? I've recently been paying attentin a lil bit and it seems like I have to fill this bitch up every 100 miles or so. I have an 02 six, and i do believe i get about 33mph. Now is that right or no??? It just seems like i'm filling up too often, it fill her up to the top, and right around when the gas light kicks in, i get lil over 100 miles, maybe 112 miles to be exactly before the gas light comes on (and stays on). What kinda milage are you guys getting on YOUR bikes. And what am i supposed to get? I do believe I'm due for a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
139 Posts
On the R1 i got around 130-140 mile to the tank on normal riding speeds 50-70. On the Gixxer 1k I get around the same until you do a couple of triple digit runs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
on my 02 1k I have a full devil twin exhaust, power commander lots of free mods. 520 chain and sprocket, and the mighty K&N :rofl:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm not sure about this but i've been told that if you leave your bike on idle to long it pretty much kills your gas. Because I was getting about 70 miles b4 my light came on and that was on a full tank. I mean I really don't care to much since i'm putting less money in gas to fill her up then I do my cars. I usually do $35 on the Murano, 35 on the Altima, and 25 on the Protege5. So 5 bucks doesn't bother me at all. But yeah when ever I do ride I do alot of city riding so there's alot of stop and goes. Instead of straight riding like you do on the highway.

kre8

·
Retired Mod
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn 70 miles before the light goes on? do you fill it up all the way? or you just stop whent he pump stops? you should fill it to the top by looking and it touches the rim.

i got about 70 miles when i just pump it will the pump stopped....which still didn't fill up all the way.

well then, i guess my bike is on the right page on gas milage....you have the same bike right?

·
Registered
764 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
damn 70 miles before the light goes on? do you fill it up all the way? or you just stop whent he pump stops? you should fill it to the top by looking and it touches the rim.

i got about 70 miles when i just pump it will the pump stopped....which still didn't fill up all the way.

well then, i guess my bike is on the right page on gas milage....you have the same bike right?

I have a 04 750, but yeah I take it to the rim...I'm gonna see if the weather permits and i'm gonna just take it for a long ride and see how long I can go with out stopping for gas. See if I head to Daytona Beach with my old man.

kre8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.