Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change out my spark plugs but I dont want to remove the tank...What is the best way to prop the tank up? I've heard that some bikes come with a rod in the tail somewhere but how do I know that I have one, Where is the location?? Thanks

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
look in the trunk, right hand side...

however a real man wouldnt use the tank prop though...like Mr Dangles, he holds the tank with his teeth when changing the plugs out :thumbup:

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts

however a real man wouldnt use the tank prop though...like Mr Dangles, he holds the tank with his teeth when changing the plugs out :thumbup:
Im confused...I thought he changed the plugs with his teeth and held the tank with his hands.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
:funny:

I just use my hammer. I'm too lazy to unclip the rod out of the trunk.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^That might be what I have to do...I just went and looked and there is no rod:headshake Any suggestions other than the Mr. Dangles method:bounce

·
BaDAZ
517 Posts
I think its item 16

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys looks like im going to the dealership tomorrow...do you think they will have one in stock and if not could I get one from a newer model and it still work?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks guys looks like im going to the dealership tomorrow...do you think they will have one in stock and if not could I get one from a newer model and it still work?
if youre talking about that prop rod, use something else if u dont have one, my first gsxr didnt come with one so i used a od usb cord, it worked

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

haha lol, you guys are just too funny. that was only once:thumbup:

Im confused...I thought he changed the plugs with his teeth and held the tank with his hands.
you are correct sir that is my norm

^^^^That might be what I have to do...I just went and looked and there is no rod:headshake Any suggestions other than the Mr. Dangles method:bounce
its the only way bro.. lol just use a ruler , bungee cord , ect... use a lil southern ingenuity

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I ended up using the hammer method and it worked really good....Thanks for all the info and the laughs guys:thumbup:

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
and how you remove the back wheel without a stand...dont even go there Mr D.........poor slipon will never be the same :lol:
well how else is he supposed to get the tire off? hes not a magician.
Well I ended up using the hammer method and it worked really good....Thanks for all the info and the laughs guys:thumbup:
howd you end up getting the dents out afterwards, i never can.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i took a wood dowel and sanded the ends to points and slip one end in the hole in the tank and the other in the bolt hole and it works well........total cost $1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.