Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I forgot to mention it but the P to B/W resistance should be infinite in neutral. The HealTech may just look at the voltage on the P lead, in which case there might not be any setup. Early indicators looked at the tach signal (RPM) and the odometer signal. From the ratio, they'd determine what gear you were in. Some setup was required where you'd ride in a particular gear and press a button to set the ratio for that gear. It sounds like your HealTech doesn't work that way. In that case the voltages are critical and they're determined by the resistances. This is how the ECM does it on bikes where the gear is displayed. The TRE fakes out those voltages/resistances. The voltages are V = 5 * R/(1000+R), when connected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 06 gsxr 600 abd the gear indicator is not working right..It keeps flicking between 2nd and 3rd when I shift up or down and says 2nd alot when Im in 1st as soon as i get 2 4th all is okay from there but as soon as i shift down to 3rd again it starts all over.....please help!!!
The only gear light that comes on on mine is nutral non the other lights do except turn signal and the damn red F1 light which I still gotta test but I’m thinking it’s either the exhaust from it being a straight pipe shorty. Or its what a gixxer fb group said, someone has done some work to this bike and spent a lot of money and time on it. The reason they say that is cause it has a weird angled kickstand, has a lowered body, has a f1 light on, it has literally a 6 in hole exhaust pipe.. lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts