Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I personally think that any color is fine as long as it keeps away that god awful blood color from matching your blood stained shirt. I saw some guy wearing that once...it was a shame :headshake

·
Registered
67 Posts
They way i look at it....they dont have to match ur bike...but ur gear should be same color (or close to it)....would look stupid with yellow helmet, green jacket, red pants..etc
but course..whatever works

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
people give me shit all the time for wearing blue/white jacket n' gloves with a yellow bike......i say if you're worried about matching your bike, maybe you need to go get your nails done instead of riding. JMHO

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Coordinate

"You got to cordinate".............. I aint no fashion plate but I try to match my gear. I have seen alot of dudes that wear helmets that dont match anything they are wearing or the bike :headscrat . To me it looks like it aint your bike if your gear dont match. :infrandom

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I personally think that perfect matching is gay and squidish and a sure sign that the rider spends more time in a dealer looking at accessories like tank pads, neon lights, strobes, and LED tire valve caps than he does riding. Wear what you want especially if you like it. For example, I have 4 leather jackets and 2 full leathers and all are different colors and only one jacket matches my bike. I also have 4 Suomy helmets...not to match the jackets but because I liked the graphics for those particular helmets. I mix and match all the time.

Just don't paint the treads of your tires with a paint pen to match your bike...that's the worst and gayest thing I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Colored tires

What do you guys think about those colored Tomahawk tires? Clean they look kinda nice BUT dirty, they look plain aweful!!! :poo: I saw a pair of lite blue on a blue and white gixxer and they were ugly. There was black in the middle and the lite blue was dirty. :headshake Now I know I would never get them for a street bike. They are just for show................

·
Registered
707 Posts
how is matching squidish. Like someone said, whats wrong with a little style. The way I see it is, a rider is a part of the bike. You ever see people driving cars with different color fender, trunk, hood? Looks pretty dumb.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
greenguy said:
how is matching squidish. Like someone said, whats wrong with a little style. The way I see it is, a rider is a part of the bike. You ever see people driving cars with different color fender, trunk, hood? Looks pretty dumb.
Yeh, I see people with different color hoods, doors, etc... I see it in da hood all the time :D . People don't match their clothes to their cars to be part of the car. I had one friend get rear ended on his bike while waiting at a light. The person who hit him said he never saw him due to the fact that his bike was red (honda) and the rider was behind a red Dodge truck so he blended in. Makes since in a way. That's why I mix it up...to stand out more. I use that chrome reflective tape too. I put small pieces on the back of my gloves (I use hand signals) and on the back of my jacket plus the heels of my riding boots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.