Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a full hour in the seat the other day and my ass was killing me! I have no meat on my ass, so that doesn't help. L8 600. I like longer rides so this has to get fixed.
Any recommendations on a gel seat?
Do they really work?
Links would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got a gel seat on my k6 1000 it is better than factory but it can still get uncomfortable on long rides some times. I’d say it was more about the look when they designed it than functionality. I’ve never used a Corbin but them seats look comfy big and lots of padding, they are a bit pricy in my opinion tho 300$ up. I’ll try and take a better pic of my seat later today. They make aftermarket seat covers on eBay etc basically you take off your old leather and put on the cover it staples on the bottom, I don’t see why you could not go to a fabric store buy some padding and add it under your existing seat, I’ve never done it but I’m sure I could it would just be a little time consuming to cut padding restaple stretch back on old leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
This seat is definitely more comfortable than factory however I think they could of added more padding/gel wat ever it is and did a better job for comfort inside the seat. I can go 2-2 1/2hrs before I need a break my factory seat was more like a hour witch is ussually at a convenient store too buy a drink and smoke a cig.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've contacted the makers and nobody has a seat for a L8 or L9. Sergeant says I can send them my seat and have it redone. Not interested. I may have to go with my own idea...
of which I have none
😭

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did 240 miles yesterday on my 08 1000 on a saddleman gel seat. my ass was fine from the seat. But wallet was sore from fuel prices. Its a good seat i was lucky enough to purchase my bike with the seat on. And slso got the original seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts