Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a re-post...just wondering how many riders out there have gel seats and if its worth the money. i know that this was part of a nother thread but im just intersted in everyones opinion

thanks

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
Good to know. I'm pretty short as it is. Looks like I'll have to shave it down some if i go that route too. :thumbup:
i think they are worth it..plenty of padding in them to shave, i was going to do even more but 1/2 was perfect for me. the only down side of the gel seat is when you leave the bike out in direct sunlight it retracts heat. i throw a bike cover or a towel over the seat when i am at work just because of that..it will burn you ass.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I paid $150 for mine, the lowest price u can get them for, on ebay.

Truthfully its not much better if any then the stock seat. It doesn't bend around the gas tank as well as the oem one, but it looks much better, you ride higher, and its a little different in comfort as in its stiffer and feels almost more uncomfortable but realistically youll get less butt-aches with the gel seat.

·
Registered
582 Posts
well amidst the mixed reviews, let me add my own.
I just bought one used and was told by lots of people that it would raise me about 1/2" but it actually feels the same as the oem if not a tad lower... I feel much better in it on longer rides than the oem, but as stated before, for shorter riders the oem feels about the same.
Flyin Low, my 1000 is a 2001 so I am sure theyre out there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
well, I picked me one up on eBay today for 86 bucks. 14 to ship so 100 bucks to the door. I put the first bid in at 86 and somebody bid today before it ended and put 85... I got lucky cuz i wasnt watching it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can one still get them for an 01???? anyone know?
Yeah, you can still find them. Most of them are used. Its hard to find a new one. I looked for months and finally found one on Ebay. Just do a search for one on there once a week. You'll eventually find one if you look long enough. I think I paid around $100 total. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts