Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

741 - 760 of 1486 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
congrats on the pb, and nice pictures as well. making me want another bike already and i'm not even fixed yet...... :2up2: to this whole situation.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Get an 05/06... Saw a buddy of mine (lite weight) run 9.09, two previous passes were 9.18 & 9.11 so It wasn't like a fluke pass, with a stock motor 05 with the usual drag bolt ons at just less than 65 inches of wheel base.

Add 50 lbs to that rider weight (me on the bike same day) I went 9.4X... Every 10lbs could cost you nearly a tenth on your overall et at these power levels...

NO BACONATERS BEFORE THE RACE... LOL....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Get an 05/06... Saw a buddy of mine (lite weight) run 9.09, two previous passes were 9.18 & 9.11 so It wasn't like a fluke pass, with a stock motor 05 with the usual drag bolt ons at just less than 65 inches of wheel base.

Add 50 lbs to that rider weight (me on the bike same day) I went 9.4X... Every 10lbs could cost you nearly a tenth on your overall et at these power levels...

NO BACONATERS BEFORE THE RACE... LOL....
also is the 03-04 block any strong/better then the 05/06? since still have my 04 car kit sitting in the garage.

what do you consider light weight?

idk i have posted this pic of me or not.this was my 600 to give u a idea of small i really am lol. the bikes lowered on 3 hole dog link and it's on lowest setting and forks are pulled a little.(also leathers are one my uncles so thats why they are huge on me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pulled my clutch out today to do the zx10 cushion mod that is popular on the 01-04 1000. Just a bit stuck as to what goes on first at the bottom of the basket. Have asked on a few other forums as I'm not sure if I start with a fibre or the zx10 cushion first.
Also another related question, when I put the clutch cover back on I'll use a new gasket, but do you guys use any sort of sealant as well?
Can't wait to get it going again and see if it improves the launches.

·
Registered
295 Posts
also is the 03-04 block any strong/better then the 05/06? since still have my 04 car kit sitting in the garage.

what do you consider light weight?

idk i have posted this pic of me or not.this was my 600 to give u a idea of small i really am lol. the bikes lowered on 3 hole dog link and it's on lowest setting and forks are pulled a little.(also leathers are one my uncles so thats why they are huge on me.
03/04 is a stronger/better case then the 05/06 cause of the windage tunnels are much smaller on the 03/04. Better to bore with cases. Now the 01/02 are the best to bore cause they don't have windage tunnels whatsoever.

My suggestion if you have the loot. And the direction you want to go is up to you. You can port the 03/04 head and drop in a 07/08 int cam on the int side and slid your 03/04 int over to the exhaust side and have strong running bike. Or use the 03/04 cases but use the 05/06 head/throttle bodies/airbox/ecu/etc cause the top end is a much better flowing head then the 03/04 and if you port that 05/06 head it should run even better. Now you can also go with the 03/04 cases and use 07/08 top end. The 07/08 top end unported flows more air then a ported 03/04 top end! Play around with the cams till you find a good combo that you like and have a very strong running hybrid!!!! Drop in some high comp piston on either of these combo's and your bike will cover some earth pretty quickly. Like I said choice is up to you though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Pulled my clutch out today to do the zx10 cushion mod that is popular on the 01-04 1000. Just a bit stuck as to what goes on first at the bottom of the basket. Have asked on a few other forums as I'm not sure if I start with a fibre or the zx10 cushion first.
Also another related question, when I put the clutch cover back on I'll use a new gasket, but do you guys use any sort of sealant as well?
Can't wait to get it going again and see if it improves the launches.
I want to say you put the zx10 mod in first then fiber/steel/fiber/etc.........

·
Registered
151 Posts
thanks guys i prefer the 05/06 body work. so if i end up with enough money from my accident ill probably buy one of those. it wouldn't have to be a all motor setup.(nitrous would be used, gotta beat up on my uncle with his busa)

·
Registered
295 Posts
thanks guys i prefer the 05/06 body work. so if i end up with enough money from my accident ill probably buy one of those. it wouldn't have to be a all motor setup.(nitrous would be used, gotta beat up on my uncle with his busa)
Depending on what your uncle has done to his busa......you can 3mil the 05/06 and spray the house down. Then buy you a gopro and face it backwards and show him what he looks like playing catch up :Laughing:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Can some help me with knowledge on a k7 600 clutch. . seems to slip for a small bit when I change 2 to 3 at high rpm. . got 30 000 km. . . besides that what's good mods to get better bite out of it. . bike must still be street able. . using semisynth bike oil. .

sent while running from lions

·
Registered
151 Posts
Depending on what your uncle has done to his busa......you can 3mil the 05/06 and spray the house down. Then buy you a gopro and face it backwards and show him what he looks like playing catch up :Laughing:
stuff i know is full exhaust stretched 3 inches lowered pc and a small shot. :0001136745-huh: on other stuff he was thinking the head has been worked a little due to how fast his time is. 9.4 or a 9.5 with just that little stuff(no nitrous pass, hasn't used it since he put the new clutch in, which idk what clutch setup he went with.also these times are foot shifting.)

update on the broken one: okays figured i'd give you guys a update on my broke ass. since just went to the doctors yesterday and just got off the phone with her. she was telling me everything is going good. healing properly, like it should. so i got driving privileges back, don't have to constantly wear my back brace anymore, only when it starts to hurt basically.now just have a long road of physical therapy though.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Can some help me with knowledge on a k7 600 clutch. . seems to slip for a small bit when I change 2 to 3 at high rpm. . got 30 000 km. . . besides that what's good mods to get better bite out of it. . bike must still be street able. . using semisynth bike oil. .

sent while running from lions
If it's hydraulic, no cable adjustment, then it's probably slippin. Best way to find out is do an inspection. Get all the parts you need together first and then tear the clutch down and inspect it. If it looks worn just throw the new clutch in there and see if the issue goes away...

Most of the clutch work I do I use clutch packs from Cycle Concepts.. OE stuff is a good choice as well... I will always recommend a stiffer spring to go along with a fresh clutch...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Okay i was window shoping on some bike shops website cant member which one think it was the one that did ps or bus's cam setup? But was looking at 1000 parts seen a 6mm stroker crank thought this was odd, and seems like it would make a pretty big motor?

But shrugs snce not fully knowledable on bikes

·
Registered
260 Posts
hmm what 1000 do i want.....:0001136745-huh:
Mine :biggrin:

Read an article last year I think it was talking about how the K5/6 1000 had the best pwr/weight ratio of all the GSX-R's. Do the K1 block as already stated.

Anybody know if the K7 heads fit K1-K6 blocks?

·
Registered
260 Posts
stuff i know is full exhaust stretched 3 inches lowered pc and a small shot. :0001136745-huh: on other stuff he was thinking the head has been worked a little due to how fast his time is. 9.4 or a 9.5 with just that little stuff(no nitrous pass, hasn't used it since he put the new clutch in, which idk what clutch setup he went with.also these times are foot shifting.)

update on the broken one: okays figured i'd give you guys a update on my broke ass. since just went to the doctors yesterday and just got off the phone with her. she was telling me everything is going good. healing properly, like it should. so i got driving privileges back, don't have to constantly wear my back brace anymore, only when it starts to hurt basically.now just have a long road of physical therapy though.
if you're lighter than your uncle, and he has a genI busa, you stand a good chance on a lightly mod'd k5/6. friend of mine from work has a zx-14 with a few mods... he probably weighs 100lbs more than me, so it's no contest. from a 1st gear roll or 6th gear pull from 60mph... doesn't matter, I'm gone.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine :biggrin:

Read an article last year I think it was talking about how the K5/6 1000 had the best pwr/weight ratio of all the GSX-R's. Do the K1 block as already stated.

Anybody know if the K7 heads fit K1-K6 blocks?
Yes they do fit the older blocks. You just have to make sure that you get everything else that is needed as well.

Like:
Throttle Bodies
ECU
Air Box
Wire Harness
Gauge
Bar Handle Controls

741 - 760 of 1486 Posts