Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2369 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Sunday's forecast for Putnam, Sunny 68/90 with 56% humidity. Can't buy better weather?

Oh, and if you're going to Putnam this weekend (you're a douchebag for not letting me know already), I just heard on the radio that I-70 will be closed from downtown Indy to I-465 on the West side starting late Friday night and lasting 9 days.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Sunday's forecast for Putnam, Sunny 68/90 with 56% humidity. Can't buy better weather?

Oh, and if you're going to Putnam this weekend (you're a douchebag for not letting me know already), I just heard on the radio that I-70 will be closed from downtown Indy to I-465 on the West side starting late Friday night and lasting 9 days.
Wow wish I was going! First Anniversary is Sunday though so I probably had better not miss that. :grin

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I've thought about it. Even thought about driving down really early on Saturday. It's about a 5 hour drive, so a 3am launch would suck. Sunday trackdays make Monday mornings suck. None of it is really in my favor.

Anyone headed down Friday from the Indianapolis area? I'm thinking drop the trailer at NCM Friday and hotel it Friday/Saturday night, and come back. I just don't want all my shit sitting there if I have to ride the bus.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Easier said than done. This was from my first trackday back after my crash rebuild. Imagine if this dude was just a little later on this dumbass move. Sometimes, it's not your fault.

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
@Chuckster. Yes, nice job, you didn't even wiggle.

I was watching a friend of mine on his first track day go into T11 at CMP (a somewhat tight 210ish degree left) and he kept going wider and leaning more till he lost the front. My eyes were glued to him and a second after he went down I remember thinking "Stop watching or you're going to run off also!". :0

It was nice of the guy to get out of the way. :devil

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm just glad he didn't slide under me. I'm pretty good about riding my own ride and not being concerned with what's going on around me. If someone crashes in front of you in a turn, don't worry since inertia will clear them away. It's when someone turns you and your bike into a human bowling pin that really fucks up your day.

My dad is retired and isn't busy that whole weekend. He said he'd travel with me. But almost 300 for hotel, plus another 300 for the day/garage, I'm weather watching this one. As of right now, they're forecasting dry for several days, and rain starting Friday. So it might be a wet weekend. Add to that there's a trackday at Putnam with Indy Ducati on the 25th, the money factor of this one is painful. If it wasn't for my dad going (he's 70), I'd probably just camp.

Has anyone been to the chili cook-off and fundraiser party? How long does it last? I might be able to trim that down if I drive home Saturday night.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm just glad he didn't slide under me. I'm pretty good about riding my own ride and not being concerned with what's going on around me. If someone crashes in front of you in a turn, don't worry since inertia will clear them away. It's when someone turns you and your bike into a human bowling pin that really fucks up your day.

My dad is retired and isn't busy that whole weekend. He said he'd travel with me. But almost 300 for hotel, plus another 300 for the day/garage, I'm weather watching this one. As of right now, they're forecasting dry for several days, and rain starting Friday. So it might be a wet weekend. Add to that there's a trackday at Putnam with Indy Ducati on the 25th, the money factor of this one is painful. If it wasn't for my dad going (he's 70), I'd probably just camp.

Has anyone been to the chili cook-off and fundraiser party? How long does it last? I might be able to trim that down if I drive home Saturday night.
$300 for hotel? Is that two nights with a room for each of you? Could have swore I stayed at a Super 8 down the road a bit for $80 / night last time I was there.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The Holliday Inn Express. $124 a night (refundable) for 2 nights plus taxes. This is the one a few miles south of the track. Pretty nice and decent breakfast.

Now the wife is saying she wants to go. So drive down late Friday. and get a hotel for one night. Camp at the track on Saturday night after and ride the Grom (I'm winning that fucking thing!) around.

2261 - 2280 of 2369 Posts