Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2375 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My bike is loaded up in my buddy's (and my soon to be mine) trailer ready for VIR on monday. Pretty pumped because I'll also finally be able to ride with most of them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
great weather in the midwest! finally a trackday not in the 100 or wet.
tire wear is good, bike running well, nothing is falling off.

im still slow but having fun!

Only thing bad is I have a coolant leak somewhere. Reservoir empties itself over the course of the day. I hope I didn't hole the radiator.

·
Super Moderator
8,776 Posts
"Nothing could be finer then to be in Carolina..."

Great day at Carolina Motorsports park yesterday. Riding with 11 locals plus another half dozen others that I know was a treat. Upper 80s, sunshine, a nice breeze and relatively low humidity made the day. Even with clear skies we missed the early morning fog so the track was dry and warm the first session!

The best part is everyone had a great time and brought shiny bikes back home.

CMP garage pic August 31 2019.jpg

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,729 Posts
Hastings Aug 31-Sept 1 2019

Rained most of Saturday morning. A few guys went out here and there but not a lot of activity. In doing another check over the bikes, noticed the shock on the 750 appears to be seeping so didn't want to chance anything without getting it checked out first. The SV had street tires on it so went ahead and had the Bridgestone slicks mounted that I'd bought just before I sold the bike, sent with the bike, then got back when I repurchased.

I hadn't ridden the SV since buying it back and actually haven't ridden a motorcycle at all since last fall. I followed a coach for a few laps to learn the lines and proper place to signal for pit out. Hastings is a very fun track and can't wait to get back there with more of a comfort level in the bike and myself. The fastest part of the track isn't really the main start/finish straight (4th gear for me) but rather a VIR-like kinked section including turns 3 and 4. Ran a few sessions Saturday afternoon and more on Sunday morning. TrackAddix does a shortened Sunday from 9-1 with open track, no sessions. It actually works pretty well. Got to pick up some things from the fast guys on 300s/400s which are great at this track since it seems to reward corner speed. There are a couple of fun spots where you take two turns as one and great when you get it right.

Unfortunately my sole repair on my Sidis didn't hold but I thankfully found that out before trying them on the track so used my OLD pair. Also found a gap in my Alpinestars gloves. I've read about A* quality as of late and these are even the higher spec GP Tech but I think I'll be replacing them before next season.

The 750 has spoiled me with the quickshifter so had to remind myself to give the throttle a blip when upshifting. Took a while to really trust the feel of the SV again but I think I got there. Also lost a bar end. ?

In all, good weekend.

Track Map: https://www.racemph.com/about/the-track/dcim100mediadji_0073-jpg/

Sky(comp).jpg

Warmers(comp).jpg

Bridgestone.jpg

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hell of a couple days at VIR. As always a great event. My pace dramatically improved riding with fast guys and pushing myself to carry their lines through technical sections. I wish my lap timer worked. Something must have happened in the update when it was in italy but it no longer has VIR on it and I cant figure out why. I'm pretty positive it worked in the past. I have video from tuesday on full course that I'll clock to get an idea for there at least, but stupid me didnt run it at all on monday. I also have no data to compare my full course times against, especially now that they are running the super tight chicane.

I ran 180/60 dunlop slicks for the first time. My supercorsa sc had great grip but I was running 180/55 and I have to say the extra profile dramatically increased the feel and confidence on the edge of the tire. I can't believe I waited this long to try it. If you track your bike and it's a 180, I highly suggest the 60 over the 55. I wanted to try the slicks because they actually worked out cheaper, so why not. The dunlop rear is also flipable which is a huge plus, in my opinion, considering all the tracks I ride are right handed. I can probably get at least an extra day out of the tire.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
That's nice looking tire wear.

I've got Barber on Sunday!! Looking forward to that, should be great! Fresh pavement too.
I'm very envious. Guys I ride with are looking to go in november but I don't think I can afford the trip. Three days there is almost 800 without the travel and lodging.

I looked at video. My best lap on full course was around a 2:28. Considering north course a reasonable time is sub 1:40 and full adds over a mile I think it was a good pace. I'll trim one and get it posted up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm very envious. Guys I ride with are looking to go in november but I don't think I can afford the trip. Three days there is almost 800 without the travel and lodging.

I looked at video. My best lap on full course was around a 2:28. Considering north course a reasonable time is sub 1:40 and full adds over a mile I think it was a good pace. I'll trim one and get it posted up.

There's a reason I'm only riding one day. Plus I sprung for the STT membership earlier this year so I got a bit more discount.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
There's a reason I'm only riding one day. Plus I sprung for the STT membership earlier this year so I got a bit more discount.
For the 13 hour drive I would need at least two to even consider it. It's a bucket list ride through.

·
Super Moderator
8,776 Posts
I've got Barber on Sunday!! Looking forward to that, should be great! Fresh pavement too.
Hope you've been hydrating. It was sunny and 95 (100+ heat index) today and should be the same tomorrow. Hot, but wish I could have made it.

Burch and Michael are riding today and you may catch them if you get there late afternoon. I'm guessing they will want to boogie out pretty soon after the last session as they are driving back tonight I think.

Red Mazda sportage thing with a single axle open trailer. Look for Burch's ZX6r. Black with the sharks teeth.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hope you've been hydrating. It was sunny and 95 (100+ heat index) today and should be the same tomorrow. Hot, but wish I could have made it.

Burch and Michael are riding today and you may catch them if you get there late afternoon. I'm guessing they will want to boogie out pretty soon after the last session as they are driving back tonight I think.

Red Mazda sportage thing with a single axle open trailer. Look for Burch's ZX6r. Black with the sharks teeth.
I didn't see them, but I did run into Jeremiah and his friend (David I think?)

Yeah, it was a hot one, that's for sure. It was an absolute hoot though! The track is so smooth it's a little surreal. People give Laguna Seca credit for the "massive" elevation change(s). That's some bullshit. The Corkscrew may be steeper and taller, but Laguna is up and then down. Barber is a roller coaster going up and down many many times. It's awesome.

I set down a 1:45 according to the instructor who I assume had a lap timer.

When's Road A John?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Last weekend for Putnam this year. I'll be out there Saturday only. Back to Adv since it's a track I know really well, and working with a coach on all the even numbered sessions. Been watching my old videos and working on my body timing in the garage. Sounds funny, but that should be a big help. Looking like 70/85 for the day with slight chance of a pop-up thunderstorm.

·
Super Moderator
8,776 Posts
When's Road A John?
October 19th and 20th with N2. That is the last one for the season at RA. I'm planning on Saturday.

VIR north this Monday then CMP the Sunday after.

Reactions: tigerblade
2341 - 2360 of 2375 Posts