Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2484 Posts

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
I probably won't make NCM. May do Topeka on Labor Day instead and get another day or two in before the end of the year. Would definitely like to get back there though; maybe we can set it up next year. Make sure Leon has options other than cold spaghetti for dinner. 😋

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but Labor Day would not work for me. I'm shooting for NCM 10/17&18.

Reactions: tigerblade

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Couldn't get my co-worker into Barber, so we're doing NCM on 5 & 6. Two days are racetrack, can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
The new pavement at Carolina Motorsports Park was very nice. Someone mentioned a dip in T5 but I did not find it or at least did not notice. There is a milled spot at the exit of T7 and a small bump that I did find. I did get a chance to walk the track the evening before and pick out some new markers but surprisingly, hardly missed the old landmarks.
They smoothed out the hump at T10 (the kink) and that with freshly painted rumble strips made it much easier to add some speed to that corner.
There were some people running Pirellis that were getting some funny right side wear on the rear but the fronts looked great. No problems with the S22s I ran. It's been mentioned that Barber did the samething when they repaved last year.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Pretty pumped about NCM this weekend. My buddy Chad fucked up his knee last night dirt biking, so I'm going alone. Less than pumped about that, but whateve's

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Pretty pumped about NCM this weekend. My buddy Chad fucked up his knee last night dirt biking, so I'm going alone. Less than pumped about that, but whateve's
Hope to ride it in October!

Reactions: koth442

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Got 3900 track miles on the Vesrah RJLs and right at 50% wear. They were ready. Actually, they were probably ready before the last track day!

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
3900 track miles is pretty badass in itself. I know riders who don’t do that on the street. They don’t owe you anything.

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
3900 track miles is pretty badass in itself. I know riders who don’t do that on the street. They don’t owe you anything.
It has always been a track bike from brand new and only has 10700 miles on it. I've put on 5200 of those.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My ODO says 6,xxx miles. But it hasn't had a speedo on it since I've owned it. who knows how many miles!???

Also, Little Tally on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Nah, those have the wear bars still. Putnam tomorrow. I'm all packed and ready and the weather is looking good. It'll be 62 at 9am and low 80s by 5pm. My only issue is I'm going to this one alone....

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Nah, those have the wear bars still. Putnam tomorrow. I'm all packed and ready and the weather is looking good. It'll be 62 at 9am and low 80s by 5pm. My only issue is I'm going to this one alone....
On the street, I wear them down more but a few times at tech they commented on them when they had more than that. The orgs I run with say at least 50% and some 60-70%.

I might have been picking up some fade lately so was eager to change them anyway. The immediate benefit is that the lever is much more firm even without bleeding the brakes.

I've done the solo thing and definitely it plays on your mind some.

2421 - 2440 of 2484 Posts