Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2484 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I've done the solo thing and definitely it plays on your mind some
I fly solo to most of my TD's. My coworker Chad comes sometimes, but recently he tore his ACL dirt biking, so I'm 100% on my own for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just don't like knowing that all my shit is free for the taking while I'm on track and if I have to ride the bus. But at least this is my home track.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,669 Posts
Will you know anyone there you can pit beside?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just acquaintances. No one I trust to pack my stuff up and lock up the truck, or drive it home. Let's just hope that's a bridge I don't have to cross.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm very trusting of people at TD's. I leave my shit in plain sight all the time. In the 10 years I've been doing TD's it's never been a problem.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yeah, I don't think there'll be an issue during a session. But I was at a TD when a guy came after a session later in the day and went ballistic. Someone swiped his toolbox and Honda generator.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Day went pretty good. Didn't set any personal records, and there was a light mist all morning. First session out was 63 degrees. My generator starting just shutting off for some reason. Never saw a low oil warning or anything else to indicate why. Forgot my pump, but my pit neighbor was kind enough to loan me theirs a few times. Played with the rear pressure and rebound a bit, but didn't really gain anything. Only bummer for me was I forgot my damn beacon again. Going to hop on the Harley in an hour or two and ride out to get it.

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
As the saying goes, "Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes the windshield".

Yesterday I was the bug.

Good weather and getting better, great track, good org but did two sessions and just did not have my head in the game so packed up early.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just got signed up for Saturday at NCM. I think I've talked the wife into making chili. I'm going to try and get a garage later this morning when they open.

As I had planned, I rode out to the track to get my beacon yesterday. There's a coach with MTD named Gino who makes and sells some really awesome knee sliders, so I picked those up too. I found out that he sells them through "powersports-stuff" out of Kansas City. If you need sliders, look them up on FB.

While Gino was walking to his trailer to get my sliders I started talking to another coach I know, Ryan. There was a ton of red flags on Saturday, so I asked him if things were going better. His eyes got huge and said there was a major incident in ADV. Pit in at Putnam is just dangerous. You're supposed to get an arm up between 7-8, then stay left out of 8 with an arm up again, then stay left on the outside of 9. Pit in is right at turn in for 10. The problem is, the race line between 9 and 10 actually crosses paths with the line to the pit. Yesterday I guess someone never signaled pit and stayed on the race line and then at the last second decided they wanted to pit and stood up. There was another rider right behind them setup a little to their left most likely to late apex 10 and get them down the straight, and this action took out their front wheel. Both riders down. There's just no excuse for that kind of shit in ADV.....

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yikes!! That is super sketchy. Hope those two were okay.

Pit in at Tally is sketchy too. You come through a very narrow switch back, think quick flick left / right / left, basically impossible to maintain any decent pace AND keep an arm / leg up. So you shaft anyone on the raceline and risk getting ass packed all at once.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I always thought a pit light would be a good idea. Hit a switch on the bar and a red light flashes on the tail and the dash (so you know it's on). That way you can signal and keep both hands on the bars.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,814 Posts
I found out that he sells them through "powersports-stuff" out of Kansas City. If you need sliders, look them up on FB.
I actually met Dre (owns Powersports Stuff) in KC on Friday on my way up to Hastings and took some tires up for a guy. Dre is good people.

His eyes got huge and said there was a major incident in ADV. Pit in at Putnam is just dangerous. You're supposed to get an arm up between 7-8, then stay left out of 8 with an arm up again, then stay left on the outside of 9. Pit in is right at turn in for 10. The problem is, the race line between 9 and 10 actually crosses paths with the line to the pit. Yesterday I guess someone never signaled pit and stayed on the race line and then at the last second decided they wanted to pit and stood up. There was another rider right behind them setup a little to their left most likely to late apex 10 and get them down the straight, and this action took out their front wheel. Both riders down. There's just no excuse for that kind of shit in ADV.....
That should be a ban, at least for a year. No excuse for it.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,814 Posts
Had a good day Saturday at Hastings. Delivered some tires for a guy I picked up in KC on the way so started off with positive karma. I have only been to this track once, last year on the SV. This time I only took the 750. I probably should go up another tooth in the rear sprocket; just barely get into 4th at this track. I did run "A" group (TrackAddix only does A and B) and resigned myself to getting passed by quick guys on 400s. Progressively got better and was able to not second guess which turn I was coming into. Drug knee more than I have all year and hit my boot one time which woke me up a bit. The track has good grip but definitely chews tires a lot more than Topeka. Went from the usual 24 hot to 27 and seemed to help a bit.

20200926_Bike(comp).jpg
20200926_SC2_27(comp).jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
STT just added CMP for mid November. I think I'll try and make that.
TDW on 11/14-15 at CMP and STT 11/21-22. I'm considering one or the other but have not committed yet.

Reactions: Last Week
2441 - 2460 of 2484 Posts