2461 - 2480 of 2484 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
26,668 Posts
Reactions: koth442

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,724 Posts
TDW on 11/14-15 at CMP and STT 11/21-22. I'm considering one or the other but have not committed yet.
I might get on the 11/21 Date

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
GSXR just got a stock master cylinder put back on. I'm setting it up for WERA next season. Would really like a TD or two before February to make sure it's solid.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Probably have to have stock master for supersport classes.
^ That ^

I could run 600 Superbike and do whatever the fuck I want, but I'd rather "stay cheap" and run supersport. Although I doubt I'll be competitive for either so it really doesn't matter much haha!

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,814 Posts
Got the call from the suspension guy. $530 in maintenance and shipping. That doesn't include what I spent to ship it there. Maybe it's time to buy some tools.....
What all are you having done? I have the tools to take the fork caps off for my K-Tech carts and have swapped springs myself but that's probably as far I'm comfortable to go on the internals.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Complete disassembly. Sonic cleaning. Polishing of shafts/stanchions. New seals and wipers all round. Nitrogen charging for the rear. Basically a complete overhaul.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,814 Posts
I think the 750 is okay to start the season but the SV is in dire need of complete refresh.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I'd been doing pump and dumps on the front, but I can't do anything with the rear except lube the pivots. Neither had been fully serviced since 2014. I didn't ride it at all in 2016 and only one day in 2018. It didn't really have a lot of hours on it, but can't avoid age. He said my valves in the front were "fuzzy" and probably caused by the RaceTech oil. Seems it reacts with the anodizing. He said it's not really a problem if you do a full service frequently, but switched me over to Maxima front and rear. The rear was in pretty good shape, but he increased the oil weight to 3wt from 1wt to give me more useable adjustability. Talked for a bit about my front end chatter and I have a few things to try and figure out.

The news I knew but didn't want to hear is that although the RaceTech valving is way better than stock, it's not the greatest. I'm pushing enough now that these budget upgrades will cause me to chase the setup a bit.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
A local group of guys just committed to doing the CSS weekend at VIR May 3-4. I just got the wife's permission to go. So I'm officially signed up for my first trackdays of 2021. I'm not sure if there will be a local trackday before or not, but I'm kinda stoked to do an actual school.

·
Super Moderator
9,206 Posts
A local group of guys just committed to doing the CSS weekend at VIR May 3-4. I just got the wife's permission to go. So I'm officially signed up for my first trackdays of 2021. I'm not sure if there will be a local trackday before or not, but I'm kinda stoked to do an actual school.
1 day, 2 day or the camp?

Either way CSS runs a first class operation and you will pick up some good points and tips. And VIR North is a really fun track to work on.

2461 - 2480 of 2484 Posts