Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2561 - 2580 of 2606 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Ah yes, I had that page on a tab open on my work 'puter.

"
  • Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter, or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed. "
Thanks all.

Engine Ice is premixed already, ready to go. It can stay in in winter too. My garage has been know to get to 30F, never even near 0f. It states to -26f.
** I could fudge a bit and use this as leverage to get my bike in the house this coming winter with the wife LOL.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I'm getting this:

Same stuff, same stats. $10 less per gallon.
I'll need about 2.5 liters to top everything off.

?? Can I use the OEM clamps on there now when I change out all my coolant lines?
I remember reading about getting a new set of clamps too?
* Just found this from 6 months ago on the thread I found the hoses on:
Koth said:
'I've put silicone hoses on several of my bikes. I've used the original clamps without issue. Are the samco's that much fatter in diameter? '
TIA

Reactions: koth442

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
OK, the forecast for this Sunday is looking a bit better- still hot!

DAY

85°Hi
RealFeel® 93°
RealFeel Shade™ 86°
7/25
Humid with more sunshine than clouds
Max UV Index9 Very High
WindWNW 7 mph
Wind Gusts14 mph
Probability of Precipitation13%
Probability of Thunderstorms3%
Precipitation0.00 in
Cloud Cover33%
MORNING

·
Registered
576 Posts
To get a bump on your first time at a new track (and second track day overall) is no small feat... particularly one as big as road america...
Not to say it can't be done, but the ones that do manage it have a combination of above normal skill set and a "just send it" attitude that's not always the wisest...

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Todd, stay in beginner. You're still pretty green at track riding and this is a new track. Re-evaluate yourself at lunch or ask a coach to evaluate you. Going up too soon will not benefit you at all. And frankly, intermediate is the most dangerous group.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Thanks you all. The bump actually ISNT that big of a deal for me.
It's a huge track, I'll have plenty of room to go my speed. (slow in the driveway). LOL
I'm just glad to finally be doing some TD's! I will NOT ride wild, enter too hot, run offline (or crash) etc.. Having done one I now have an idea what to expect, etc. I've virtually done this track so many times at various levels (virtually), I could tell you when the grass needs mowing, which trees are sprouting early, and what areas have more ground squirrels. Also which surfaces have which pavement and what temperatures they're at, and the price of gas at the BP and QuickTrip station in town LOL!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks you all. The bump actually ISNT that big of a deal for me.
It's a huge track, I'll have plenty of room to go my speed. (slow in the driveway). LOL
I'm just glad to finally be doing some TD's! I will NOT ride wild, enter too hot, run offline (or crash) etc.. Having done one I now have an idea what to expect, etc. I've virtually done this track so many times at various levels (virtually), I could tell you when the grass needs mowing, which trees are sprouting early, and what areas have more ground squirrels. Also which surfaces have which pavement and what temperatures they're at, and the price of gas at the BP and QuickTrip station in town LOL!
You HAVE to realize Todd how ridiculous this sounds.... Cmon man. I hope you are kidding. <thumbs up!>

Just stay safe. Your facebook post is bordering on your old Wera thread. ;)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
You HAVE to realize Todd how ridiculous this sounds.... Cmon man. I hope you are kidding. <thumbs up!>

Just stay safe. Your facebook post is bordering on your old Wera thread. ;)
Well OK, maybe not the ground squirrel population LOL ;) Yes, it was supposed to be humorous.
My STT post got taken a bit too seriously too. Oh well.
I'll have to look at it again today.

I'll be finishing the taping up and disconnecting lights today too.
Everything else is ready, I and A group prepped- just in case of course.

Reactions: koth442

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
OK, I looked at STT's site again.
The intent of my post was totally mistaken and blown out of proportion.
What a shit show now.
I deleted it.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hey Gang!

Someone less than an hour from me is selling a US42 size- fits me- Full leather suit made by AGV. He bought it new in 2011, looks new now, no speed hump on the upper back,
and he's asking $100 with a AXO Back Protector with it too.

Good deal?

I was gong to go and get it tonight and use it on my next TD, instead of my newer 2 piece APS suit.

Get it or no?

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Hey Gang!

Someone less than an hour from me is selling a US42 size- fits me- Full leather suit made by AGV. He bought it new in 2011, looks new now, no speed hump on the upper back,
and he's asking $100 with a AXO Back Protector with it too.

View attachment 296111

Good deal?

I was gong to go and get it tonight and use it on my next TD, instead of my newer 2 piece APS suit.

Get it or no?

That looks like a Forza suit. Not top-of-the-line, but I used to have one in the superior yellow color and I liked it. Definitely worth more than $100, especially with an included back protector.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Nice Pic!

Had to drive just over 90 min. round trip- but it was worth it!

Scored! It fits well, and the back protector!

2561 - 2580 of 2606 Posts