Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2601 - 2620 of 2828 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Corner entry speeds fast in novice.... hehehe...

It's good though you have identified the place where track riding and street riding differs the greatest.
Essentially, I need to brake less, and brake later LOL

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,867 Posts
It's safer than Gateway so I'd expect MCRA to run there once some air fence(s) are available.
I walked NCM with Wheat and his head coach. During the walk I asked him about Ozark and he said he'd have to wait until they can get on it and actually ride it a bit. But judging by what he's seen so far, unless they add some links and can change the config for bikes, he won't risk it.
EDIT: Spent a little time trying to find some updated info. Looks like the are going to put an "outside" config link in, which would eliminate the walls.

And for the record, I won't ride Gateway.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Essentially, I need to brake less, and brake later LOL
We all aspire to do that better...
The key is knowing how to do it safely and effectively. If all you had to do was brake less and later, we'd all be faster. Building consistency lap after lap has to be the foundation on which you do that.

My chuckle was the amazing differences in corner entry with each level... advanced is like a whole 'nother planet... racers another...

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,867 Posts
More gas....less brake.

Truthfully, if I want to get faster, I need to do two things. 1) Brake later and harder. 2) Learn to "ride the front tire".

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
Although it will be "open for motorcycles", I don't think any TD organization will deem it safe.
Same thing happened at Atlanta Motorsport Park. STT had it booked out for the next year (2012?) in anticipation of it's completion. Money problems delayed the opening years and when it finally did, there was just so much armco and no run off places that pretty much everyone gave it a pass.

I did get to ride it with Nate Kern and 4 others a five years ago for the day. A bit pricey but a super fun track with huge elevation and blind. I was on the gsxr but have always wanted to go back with the sumo. As Kern said, this was a track to work on skills and technique, not speed. It is very unforgiving.

This is T11. As I recall it is about a 60 ft elevation change from the last turn to T12 at the top right.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Midwest Macau
True story.

Same thing happened at Atlanta Motorsport Park. STT had it booked out for the next year (2012?) in anticipation of it's completion. Money problems delayed the opening years and when it finally did, there was just so much armco and no run off places that pretty much everyone gave it a pass.

I did get to ride it with Nate Kern and 4 others a five years ago for the day. A bit pricey but a super fun track with huge elevation and blind. I was on the gsxr but have always wanted to go back with the sumo. As Kern said, this was a track to work on skills and technique, not speed. It is very unforgiving.

This is T11. As I recall it is about a 60 ft elevation change from the last turn to T12 at the top right.
View attachment 296131
I've heard good things about AMP. My co-worker Chad, John you've met him at CMP, has ridden there. He said it was good too. I'd probably ride it once or twice.

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
That turn looks like T7 at NCM
I've only been to NCM once, and yes the turns are similar but I think the elevation change prize goes to AMP. That series of turns at NCM is a bit more compressed also.

Both are really fun and so much like riding the mountains without having to worry about what is over the hill.

65ft gain from T11 to T12.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I walked NCM with Wheat and his head coach. During the walk I asked him about Ozark and he said he'd have to wait until they can get on it and actually ride it a bit. But judging by what he's seen so far, unless they add some links and can change the config for bikes, he won't risk it.
EDIT: Spent a little time trying to find some updated info. Looks like the are going to put an "outside" config link in, which would eliminate the walls.

And for the record, I won't ride Gateway.
When I was learning Rd.'Merica on paper/video and watching that last Nascar race there on TV, then watching MotoAmerica on TV- it was obvious they ran two different configurations if it was M/C's of cars. When I was sitting around the pits/campers with this really fast serious group of riders I know the night before I rode, I brought that up, Bod Schilter said
'B/C you'd die if they didn't put the chicane in'. And I looked at it and agreed. Their turn 11 for the Cars, called 'the Kink' has just a ravine and chain link fence just past it, no run off or gravel, no air fence, nadda. That turn is now part of the back straight that bends around slightly. I think it's bad enough in cars, but on bikes, you go off that corner if no chicane there, it wouldn't be pretty. A yard sale it would be LOL.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Did I mention that I signed up for my 3rd/next TD with STT?
At Blackhawk farms? The third track less than 2 hrs. from home.
I think I did already?

Reactions: JCW

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I found an online pic of me at Road America 7/25/21

Reactions: koth442
2601 - 2620 of 2828 Posts