Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2621 - 2640 of 2828 Posts

·
Alpha Canuck
28,606 Posts
In the right hands anything is a weapon.

Reactions: koth442

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Did you just pass the 400 or are you about to get passed by the 400? :)
Not sure, is that a 400? In N group, At Rd America, they only gave us 3 of the basically 5 straights to pass on anyways- so probably neither LOL. I looked again, there are #'s on that bike so, chances are he'd be passing me LOL.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Not sure, is that a 400? In N group, At Rd America, they only gave us 3 of the basically 5 straights to pass on anyways- so probably neither LOL. I looked again, there are #'s on that bike so, chances are he'd be passing me LOL.
It's a Kawi ninjette. I can't tell the 400's apart from the 300's very well. Very possible the person borrowed or bought that bike. Number plates doesn't make anyone fast.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
I too have been passed by a 14 year old on a 400 around the outside. Little fuckers.
Yeah, I've been passed on corner exit by a freaking motard before. I was so tired I didn't even have the gumption to twist the throttle all the way to pass him on the uphill straight. He even looked over his shoulder back at me because he was expecting me to pass him back.

That was my last lap of the day.

Numbers don't mean much. My bike has numbers, but I still use a calendar as a laptimer.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yeah, I've been passed on corner exit by a freaking motard before. I was so tired I didn't even have the gumption to twist the throttle all the way to pass him on the uphill straight. He even looked over his shoulder back at me because he was expecting me to pass him back.
Honestly if someone like that passes me mid-corner, I'll usually let them stay in front. I figure I can learn something from them. Either braking later or carrying more corner speed etc.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I’d much rather be passed / let someone pass me than had a knob head ride straight into me entering a corner. Saw that happen on one of my track days - right in front of me. The idiot’s comment afterwards included something on the lines of “daddy will probably have to buy me another s1000rr”. The organizers told him to pack up and go home. It was much safer after he left.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
My next/3rd TD endeavor, BlackHawk Farms! I will have done the 'Tirfecta' of the Tracks w/in 2 hrs or less from me this season. September 12th, 2021. I'm actually thinking of making this on a 2 day, and doing Saturday and Sunday!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I want to add the Saturday too. I want to buy the 2 day deal, and have them cancel my Sunday the 9/12/21 At BlackHawk Farms.
I sent them a message, haven't heard back yet. It's only like $10 of $20 cheaper, but money is money LOL

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Yes,
No answer yet, I'll try and contact them again or by phone.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,867 Posts
You'll probably have to buy the weekend, and then sell the single day. A little bit of a risk there....

Finally found a rear tire. They day it hits the porch I'll be seeing if I can still get a spot with MTD at Putnam.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Yeah, dunno if they'll go for that. They want their $20 too :p
They got back to me after a few emails back and forth, I'm better off just adding the other day.

"
Sportbike Track Time
9:11 AM (5 hours ago)
to me

Hi Todd,

Yes, that is exactly what I mean: the 15% administration fee would actually cost more than the $10 in savings from purchasing a bundle.

Best,
Jaime
"

I'll put in for being off work, then add the 2nd day at BlackHawk Farms. 9/11 and 9/12.
Hut oh, 9 11

* Done, only an extra $10 by doing it separate.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Anyone know if these suits from STG are really any good? I currently have the black STG Privateer but want a white one (black is just too hot for Texas). The only affordable (and really white) white one I've found is the RST EVO. I'll surprise myself if I don't have it ordered within a week and then try to sell the Privateer that I've only worn once for an hour ride.

Reactions: Todd_Sails
2621 - 2640 of 2828 Posts