Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 2737 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Thank you Leroy…I’m going to miss posting pics of that awesome machine that’s for sure. When im all healed up I’m going to rebuild it to put it up for sale so more pics to come. Someone is gonna get a serious weapon when they buy that bike…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can only hope that I can have the funds for it when that time arrives! Always loved seeing pics of your bike- it looks so sexy, so professioinal, so MotoGP or MotoAmerica, so WSBK!, So.....

Reactions: koth442 and Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I can only hope that I can have the funds for it when that time arrives! Always loved seeing pics of your bike- it looks so sexy, so professioinal, so MotoGP or MotoAmerica, so WSBK!, So.....
Thank you very much! That is exactly what I was going for buying painted track fairings…might as well look like a pro when you’re doing this.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Then you get can stuffed by some yellow plate who's all excited to pass an expert!!
Lol you know that happened plenty of times

·
SuperMod of the North
28,440 Posts
Sorry to hear NY! Take your time and heal well Sir. I get it about giving up the track. Like others said, find a way to coach or mentor. You build a hell of a bike Sir, maybe find a promising young rider to wrench for or volunteer at the track as a flag man.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Sorry to hear NY! Take your time and heal well Sir. I get it about giving up the track. Like others said, find a way to coach or mentor. You build a hell of a bike Sir, maybe find a promising young rider to wrench for or volunteer at the track as a flag man.
Thanks Tin I appreciate the kind words very much. I truly love the sport bike community. I just took a long look at my crashed bike and it is bad….front Marchesini is smashed, the brand new motoholders subframe is broken the battery is missing…gonna be a while til the machine is in sellable shape. It’s a good thing I’ve been accumulating spares this whole time. I should be able to resurrect her pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Absolutely beautiful. Sorry for your loss :p
You and me both….bright side is I took off my previous painted kit in decent shape right before I put this one on, so it will look really nice when it’s built again.

Just like this.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I think you may spend more in paint for your fairings than I have in my entire bike haha!

Only slightly exaggerating.
Looks are deceiving. I paid $750 shipped for both kits essentially. First one came with a lot of issues so they sent me the second one as a peace offering.

The white kit fit significantly worse than the first one and was missing pieces as well. Don’t buy fairings from China.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Looks are deceiving. I paid $750 shipped for both kits essentially. First one came with a lot of issues so they sent me the second one as a peace offering.
Okay, so you have about as much into your fairings as I do into my suspension (not counting service) haha!! Nothing wrong with that though, looks great!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Looking like I'll manage to squeeze a few TD's into the end of this season. Looking at Barber on the 16th of October. Possibly NCM Oct 30th, Barber Nov 7th, and/or CMP Nov 20th.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
So, today I decided to do a 'ride' before I do my 2 TD's At Blackhawk Farms in 6 days. I persuaded my friend Brian on his Duc Streetfighter to join along and we rode over to BHF's this morning to see MotoVids TD in progress. About an hour '15 away from my home. I knew a few people there this weekend/today. This was a spur of the moment thing- and when we got to the gate- the lady was giving us a minor hard time. She let a few cars in, then hands us the clipboards to sign in- free for spectators!

We got there during the morning sessions. MotoVid runs 4 / hr. 1 N, 2 levels of I, and then A. I found my friends right away and then watched their group twice- the A group. Nice track, kinda thin. Although I haven't rode with MotoVid yet, it still felt as though it was a better format and people. I didn't ride with them. IMHO, STT seems sort of stuck up, with NO real objectives/parameters to advance to the next group. It's kind of when they say so. Online, it also seems that if you pay the extra to hire the 1 on 1 coaching, then you get your bump too. I've seen too many videos for months, by riders of the STT to know that I am a low intermediate at the worst right now, yet I once again have to enter N group' The group that only lets you pass on a few of the straights in N group. For somone who has ridden for so long, and has raced a very high level of bicycle racing where the 'Peleton' is often inches from each rider- It's frustrating!

I also got the membership with STT last fall- that sort of pays for itself with the discounted rate when you do several TD's.
So, I'm doing BHF with STT on 9/11 and 9/12. I figure this WILL be my last sessions/TD's this season for me.
I'm not going to say shit to any Control rider this time. I'm just going to ride.
If and when I don't get bumped to I, If I do any more TD's, it will be with MotoVid, or some other org.
F STT. If you're young, ride a nice newer bike, or are female (nothing against women here), you get bumped. It has little to do with how you actually ride! I've been stellar, had NO reprimands, etc. Always one of the fastest in N, but oh no, not ready yet? There are people who run off course, crash, etc. and get bumped.

Anyways, back to MotoVID and BHF as a spectator today.

First- I'm pretty sure Jason Farrell was there. No I didn't meet him but I here he also rides with MotoVid and his HUGE trailer with 'Jason Farrell Racing' on the side was parked there too!

I met up and talked with my friends who ride the A group:

This is Dr. Joe Lee's R1 and trailer behind:

This is Sams Aprilla, and his buddys Triumph- A groupers

This was in the garage pits nearby, A groups also:

It was nice just to go and watch a few sessions, and be able to pick your friends out of the riders and watch them.

This track is listed as 1.95 miles, about half of Rd America distance per lap.

I'm looking forward to my 2 next TD's. I'll show up Friday afternoon, set up to be ready for Saturday morning. This time I'm doing both days.
OH yeah, and btw, forecast is calling for humid and 87 F both days! Since I'm from the Gulf coast of TX, no problem LOL.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Todd, you might also check out Midwest Trackday (MTD). I know they run blackhawk sometimes. They also used a 4 group per hour format as well.

·
SuperMod of the North
28,440 Posts
I SO BADLY want that bike. Even balled up in a van. She is special in my eyes. Can’t afford it though and not many opportunities to ride it here. Put her back together and send her on her next journey Sir.

I know my name is on the registration to my 1100 but as much as I “own it” I don’t. I am only it’s current custodian. I did my best by her and put her back together as the Suzuki Gods originally intended. I hate to think of the day I will roll her on to someone else’s trailer in my driveway but in reality that was the whole point of the build. That was the end game all along. Build it and add it to the sport. Like I have said before, you build a hell of a bike and turning that one loose keeps the breeding stock of our sport healthy.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I SO BADLY want that bike. Even balled up in a van. She is special in my eyes. Can’t afford it though and not many opportunities to ride it here. Put her back together and send her on her next journey Sir.

I know my name is on the registration to my 1100 but as much as I “own it” I don’t. I am only it’s current custodian. I did my best by her and put her back together as the Suzuki Gods originally intended. I hate to think of the day I will roll her on to someone else’s trailer in my driveway but in reality that was the whole point of the build. That was the end game all along. Build it and add it to the sport. Like I have said before, you build a hell of a bike and turning that one loose keeps the breeding stock of our sport healthy.
It’s gonna be tough to let go of this bike bc it’s been in my garage since 2014…longest I’ve owned anything that moves actually. I would absolutely love for it to go to one of the guys here but only time will tell who gets it.

I have two other really nice machines maybe you guys can tell me which one you would keep if it was down to it for you.
2012 zx6r

2014 675r

·
SuperMod of the North
28,440 Posts
100% the Daytona would stay in my garage. Took .131 seconds for me to decide. That is what I was chasing before I bought my first GSXR.

Reactions: Newyork and koth442
2681 - 2700 of 2737 Posts