Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2721 - 2740 of 2828 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I am here at Blackhawk farms. Got here without incident.
I did stop to fill up the bike and my gas can with the non-ethanol premium. I made it a point to bring two keys to the bike. Because the gas cap is still has a key to. I put one of the keys back in my pocket and then apparently dropped it at the store where I got the gas to come here. Thank God I brought the other key.

So I registered no problem.

I also took it too far to tech and got a tech for the weekend.
This is kind of out in the country some so I could hear coyotes and I hear the crickets or whatever that noises.
Kind of nice. Just finished up a little dinner and about to drink a beer or two so I can sleep easier.
Since I have the truck this timeSleeping across the backseat really wouldn’t be that comfortable. So I’m gonna put some rubber pads down and a sleeping bag under me and then get in a sleeping bag and sleep in the bed of the truck. With the pop-up canopy over the bed. So the dew won’t to settle on me so much.
It was nice I could get registered and passed tech the night before.

Good night everyone

Reactions: koth442

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Hello GSX-R!

It’s lunchtime at Black Hawk. Things are going well. Riding well. We just had the first session where you can pass on Straits and one or two people felt like they had a little better corner speed than me and did pass makes our letter I don’t paint it on the streets. And then I pretty much hung with them after that and then towards the end of our session somebody bend it on turn one we had red flag. Things are going well looking forward after lunch and tomorrow. View attachment 296306

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Long story short…

I got my bump to intermediate!

The weather’s been fantastic a little on the warm side but next track conditions wonderful. No seepage here in the track.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Hope you slept well Todd!!

I wish I was at the track!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk Vehicle door

Thanks, I actually did! This was very comfortable and suitable.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Lunchtime day two. The session before lunch is when they open it up for passing on a couple of the streets and you don’t have to follow the leader in novice. When he waxed me on immediately I had clean track for two laps and then red flag. Apparently on the mini carousel they have here four riders went down. Oh well little bit of extended lunch. Things are going well I’m really trying to keep my head. I realize thatIt is not always routine for me to look through the corner and up the track on the inside. When I can do that consistently I’m so much more relaxed smoother and I know I’m faster. I’m really working on that. Also working on not parking it into tight corners after a long straightaway. I’m progressing.

Reactions: Leroy Brown and JCW

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Did you ride I in the afternoon, or you're now just eligible to ride in I next time you sign up?
Great question! My CR had said I'd be able to, then he talked to the head honcho and he politely said with the few bumps they already had, It's full again. That didn't discourage me at all though. It turned out that on Sunday, there were LESS people and in the afternoon, starting at with Group 1 I had LOTS of clean track and only got caught by a CR or 2 from behind. By the 8th session there were only about 4 or 5 N riders!

I in the books for next time in I in STT.

My picture should be on the FB STT thread about the bump too, I haven't looked yet.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,867 Posts
Anyone remember the guy in GA who works on motorcycle wheels? My rear has a few slight bends in it. Most wheel repair places won't touch a bike wheel, but this guy does wheels for AMA teams so he's legit. Just can't remember who it is.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Anyone remember the guy in GA who works on motorcycle wheels? My rear has a few slight bends in it. Most wheel repair places won't touch a bike wheel, but this guy does wheels for AMA teams so he's legit. Just can't remember who it is.
I just found this guy recently when looking for a place to repair my smashed front Mag Marchesini…seems he has done some bike stuff bc I found him on one of the forums.

If you find that other one you were asking about please send it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I've met many serious trackees now, who do many TD's/year.

Although I've only done 4 this season, 3 different tracks......

I'm starting to get it now. So much so, the little bit of TD's I've done, I'm already not so gung ho about running my local country twisties anymore! Ya, I still ride them some- but take today as case in point.
I could have rode to work today, and done my long twisty way home. Beautifuyl day- 70's, plenty of dauylight after work still..... /But I decided to drive in today instead of ride.
What's gotten into me? I thought I feel OK, LOL.

When you go to the track, you'll rarely go back! (to the street that is)

Reactions: Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I've met many serious trackees now, who do many TD's/year.

Although I've only done 4 this season, 3 different tracks......

I'm starting to get it now. So much so, the little bit of TD's I've done, I'm already not so gung ho about running my local country twisties anymore! Ya, I still ride them some- but take today as case in point.
I could have rode to work today, and done my long twisty way home. Beautifuyl day- 70's, plenty of dauylight after work still..... /But I decided to drive in today instead of ride.
What's gotten into me? I thought I feel OK, LOL.

When you go to the track, you'll rarely go back! (to the street that is)
Yea very true. The more track days I did per year the less I rode in the street…so much so that this season I did 11 days and only rode in the street 2x.

I’m so thankful that I got to achieve the goals I set for myself when I started riding track this season. It would have been terrible to have to retire without satisfactory achievements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Wheel Tire Helmet Vehicle Automotive tire

I found a pic online of me from last weekend. This is going into turn 2 Blackhawk farms. A short left hand kink before their mini carousel type turn three.

2721 - 2740 of 2828 Posts