Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2781 - 2800 of 2818 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Where do you buy the Metzelers? Are they like every other race tire and you need a specific tire vendor to carry them?

I think I'm going to try the Michelin slicks too.

This is the only place that I have bought them from since I started using them. I did 6 track days on them, at advanced level pace, and they still had life left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Dayum, that's some serious life! I like that it's a 180/60 as well.
Yes sir it is. Granted I was swapping back and forth between a counter clockwise and clockwise track so the wear was pretty even simply because of that. Still, it is impressive either way. If you get a set of them you will not ride on anything else.

·
Administrator
5,554 Posts
I'm looking at CMP with TDW the 11/12, 13 or 14th right now. I have a number of friend going.
I’m going Nov. 13th and the 20th. I have Pirell’s SC2 200/65/17 rear and SC3 125/70/17 looking forward to it. The last two days at Fontana was cut short and by short one day I only got two sessions and the last one I didn’t even get one hot lap in before the bike went into limp mode. $1900.00 later and new throttle bodies I hope I don’t have any more trouble from it. Bike has a new Suter clutch and basket also GP suspension cartridges and an Ohlins TTX rear. Dropped a but load of money on the Money Pit this year.. This will be the maiden outing for it.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
I feel ya Leon. Raining here, but sunny in Bowling Green. Forecast says 40/65F and 41/67 for the weekend. Looks like I'm skipping first sessions.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Yeah, rain in the forecast tonight. Track will be GREEEEEEEN tomorrow morning. I'll go out and limp around. I like those early first sessions to remind myself which way the track goes haha.

Ride safe and have fun Chuck!

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
Last year for the cookoff it was 36 for the first session. I think myself and 4 others went out. Since MTD went to the 4 group format, that is only about 3 laps. It's a good way to reacquaint yourself.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
NY, that may not just buff right out LOL.

I'm glad your injuries are doing better.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
NY, that may not just buff right out LOL.

I'm glad your injuries are doing better.
Little bit of compound…no?! Lol.

You and me both Todd..so I found out I had transverse process fractures of the L1/L2. I am very lucky/blessed to have that injury and be back to 100% so soon.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Oh yeah, and what's with the next 3 MotoGP races are cancelled? Is this still Covid?

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Oh yeah, and what's with the next 3 MotoGP races are cancelled? Is this still Covid?
You gotta be kidding me….I didn’t even see that. Going to look into it now I subscribe to the app.

Where did you see that? I just looked and didn’t see anything about that

I did see this which makes me think we’re good but it’s from 2 days ago.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Whelp, I too brought home some carnage. No where near as exciting as NewYork's. I'm 100% okay, no more sore than I would be after any other TD. I just tucked the front in a simple lowside. Gently skidded to a stop.

Unfortunately for the bike, the frame slider grabbed and flipped the bike. Bent my full Yosh system a full 180 degrees, so that's completely toast. Need a new fairing stay, master cylinder, body work, clip-ons... Maybe a few other odds and ends.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Whelp, I too brought home some carnage. No where near as exciting as NewYork's. I'm 100% okay, no more sore than I would be after any other TD. I just tucked the front in a simple lowside. Gently skidded to a stop.

Unfortunately for the bike, the frame slider grabbed and flipped the bike. Bent my full Yosh system a full 180 degrees, so that's completely toast. Need a new fairing stay, master cylinder, body work, clip-ons... Maybe a few other odds and ends.
Glad to hear you’re ok man. We’ll both be rebuilding soon.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Thanks NY

I'm trying to decide to rebuild or build new... This was already a budget bike, I'm looking at about $1,000 for the repairs. Most of that is a second hand full exhaust. Vortex rider support coming in handy though, that's saving me $100 - $200

Something else certainly wouldn't be cheaper, but new shiny is always appealing haha

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Thanks NY

I'm trying to decide to rebuild or build new... This was already a budget bike, I'm looking at about $1,000 for the repairs. Most of that is a second hand full exhaust. Vortex rider support coming in handy though, that's saving me $100 - $200

Something else certainly wouldn't be cheaper, but new shiny is always appealing haha
I hear you. I try not to think about the total of repairs, that way it doesn’t seem to be what it really is lol. I’m going to take it one part at a time and space it out over the fall/winter so it’s not that big of a hit.

I’m selling off a lot of stuff too so that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Good luck parts hunting NY!

Don't happen to have a Yosh mid-pipe laying around do ya?? :)
Gracias sir. I actually have almost a whole bike in parts but my spare exhaust is another Scorpion slip on. I bought so many spares over the years and I’m sure glad I did.

2781 - 2800 of 2818 Posts