Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
2841 - 2860 of 2865 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Rectangle Font Signage Brand Advertising

I'm doing MotoVid next season!
However, with their 15min sessions instead of 20min, that's like loosing 2 15 minute sessions! LOL At 7 per day!

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,902 Posts
Don't sweat the 15 minute sessions. I think they work better on smaller tracks, but overall I like them. That's about the time I start getting tired anyway, but it seems like you get fewer flags/incidents over the long run. A group at Putnam, there's a ton of clean track and one day I didn't see anything but green and checkers all day.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
That's a bummer Jet. Guess you're the third one on the forum this season. Hopefully that's the end of our crashes.

Glad you're okay though! Aside from the off, how did you like CMP?

·
Administrator
5,568 Posts
That's a bummer Jet. Guess you're the third one on the forum this season. Hopefully that's the end of our crashes.

Glad you're okay though! Aside from the off, how did you like CMP?
Aside from the fuckup I like it flows very well. My off was in what they called the kink Pretty fast part of the track I figure I was over a 100 when it happened. Slid for a while tumbled a bit too. Today I’m a bit stiff and sore. Maybe in a week or so I will pull the bike out and access the damage. So far I know I need fairings, fairing stay, MC reservoir, rt multi function switch. Hoping the swing arm isn’t bent along with the forks brother said it flipped at least three times over six feet in the air. I didn’t really feel like looking at it close yesterday mainly wanted to get home and sit down and rest.. glad I’m close to the track takes me about 20 minutes to get there Straight down 521. I need to dig something up for the what is it thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,490 Posts
Bummer, glad you are OK. Turn 10 gets people on occasion and they are not pretty.

A friend went off there on his CBR a couple of years ago and they brought his bike back in the bucket of the tractor. At least there is a ton of run off. He got off with just a sprained ankle fortunately, pretty good as he spread his bike parts out along 200 ft or so tumbling also.

At least for me, it's a 95 mph turn when I'm warming up (chicken) about 115 on my better days (looking at my video). Others are much faster. Even at my higher speeds, I'm still only mid track on the exit to 11 so there is more potential.

Before picture.
Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Automotive tire

After
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

• Sad
Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Super Moderator
10,490 Posts
BTW, the weather worked out a lot better then forecast earlier. Sunny and mid 60s is pretty nice.

·
Administrator
5,568 Posts
Bummer, glad you are OK. Turn 10 gets people on occasion and they are not pretty.

A friend went off there on his CBR a couple of years ago and they brought his bike back in the bucket of the tractor. At least there is a ton of run off. He got off with just a sprained ankle fortunately, pretty good as he spread his bike parts out along 200 ft or so tumbling also.

At least for me, it's a 95 mph turn when I'm warming up (chicken) about 115 on my better days (looking at my video). Others are much faster. Even at my higher speeds, I'm still only mid track on the exit to 11 so there is more potential.
Yep that looks expensive

Before picture.
View attachment 296711

After
View attachment 296712

View attachment 296713

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Well first day didn’t go as planned. I don’t recommend it
i’m ok just feel like Joe Frazier punched my in the chest a few times. Bike tumbled I tumbled. Kinda looks like I have a winter project. View attachment 296703
View attachment 296702
I feel you man. I wrecked bad myself this season. You are a fortunate man not to have broken bones…God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,490 Posts
Yup, that's a fast section of track. John, after the repave did that bump go away?

For your wallets sake, I hope the forks & swing arm are okay!
There is still a slight difference in the pavement, but the bigger bump is gone.

Reactions: koth442

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
View attachment 296679

I'm doing MotoVid next season!
However, with their 15min sessions instead of 20min, that's like loosing 2 15 minute sessions! LOL At 7 per day!
I just signed up for 2 TD's with MOtoVid! One at BHF on 5/4/22, and one at RA on 6/6/21- 6 days before my 62nd bitrthday LOL! These are both on weekdays- possibly slightly less people? Probably not, no matter.

It will be nice to with anther TD org. to see if any differences, etc.

I'm stoked! Don't worry, I haven't even started my days till TD countdown, yet!

Reactions: Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I just signed up for 2 TD's with MOtoVid! One at BHF on 5/4/22, and one at RA on 6/6/21- 6 days before my 62nd bitrthday LOL! These are both on weekdays- possibly slightly less people? Probably not, no matter.

It will be nice to with anther TD org. to see if any differences, etc.

I'm stoked! Don't worry, I haven't even started my days till TD countdown, yet!
I’m jealous! I found weekdays to be less people for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I'm deciding if I want to buy a "loyalty card" from STT while it's on sale. I can get $2k worth of TD's for $1840 right now. I could do a lot of trackdays with $2k... Near as I can tell, it would roll into 2023 if I didn't use them all in '22.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Holy Guacamole! After getting a headache trying to find track/race fairing kits online, I happened on over to STG's site!

a really nice set, race belly pan from HOtBodies on sale now for $450! I have a little credit there now too, like $10-15 or so.

I think I'm going to have to POP! on this one LOL. My rationale is that it's still way cheaper than a clapped out track bike LOL.

2841 - 2860 of 2865 Posts