Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2369 Posts

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Cool. Yeah the coolant change isn't a problem. Just more worried about the plate. Looks good, but no way to get to the nut on the back without disassembling the entire ass end if the bike. Oh well.
I'm at work now so checking out Cyclegear and sportbiketrackgear and some other sites. Glad its a slow night. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
You are not helping 3N. And I was SOO nice the other day.....
My wife would have a shit fit. I'm probably gonna head to Cyclegear tomorrow and try some shit on then do internet shopping. Pretty much fell in love with the sidi ST Air boots. I'll buy them new, but if I can find a used suit I'm gonna jump all over it.

·
Dem Broncos!!!
5,994 Posts
You are not helping 3N. And I was SOO nice the other day.....

Yup thanks for that btw :smash:

I tried on the ST airs but couldn't stomach the extra $140 for them. So I got the cobra airs. Maybe one day when my wallet isn't bleeding I will pick up the good stuff.

So today the addiction took over

Track account>savings account :(

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Yup thanks for that btw :smash:

I tried on the ST airs but couldn't stomach the extra $140 for them. So I got the cobra airs. Maybe one day when my wallet isn't bleeding I will pick up the good stuff.

So today the addiction took over

Track account>savings account :(
ROFL
Were the ST's significantly more comfy than the cobra's? I'll be using them for street too, so I need the comfort as well. I'll sacrifice a little in the leathers since I won't be using them as much. Just canyon carving a track days. Boots will be every time I hop on the bike. Except maybe the work commute.

·
Dem Broncos!!!
5,994 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a Pirelli fan. Used to use the Diablo Corsa IIIs, which have been replaced by the Diablo Rosso Corsas. Great track/street tire!

In the last year or so, I started running warmers and DOT race tires. First it was the Dragons, Pirelli's older spec race tire. Great price point. Then last year I tried their current race DOT.. the Diablo Supercorsa. OMG I love these tires.

Pirelli also makes a trackday slick that doesn't require warmers and wears like iron. Haven't given those a try yet.

Not sure when my next dates are...probably NJMP and BeaveRun in July.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
As far as tires go, I've found out it is all relative to your skill level and track. Givin that your bike setup is right.

As far as my pace now ( upper intermediate ) this is what has worked for me*. ( might not for you :D)

VIR South/North/Patriot- Pirelli Diablo superbike slicks
NCBike-Conti Race attack endurance rear/medium slicks front
CMP- nothing, you'll trash whatever you bring :Laughing:
Road Atlanta- Dunlop GPA 211 :tits:

* I'm on a 2007 Gsxr 600 Dyno'd Bazzaz with Racetech GV up front/ Penske double for rear.

*All tires at recommended pressures using tire warmers at correct temp. these combos ran perfect for me with perfect wear.

*Do not use Dunlop Q2 at VIR and NCBike. VIR; they will suddenly give up. NCBike; They will wear correct, but wear completely out in one day.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm a Pirelli fan. Used to use the Diablo Corsa IIIs, which have been replaced by the Diablo Rosso Corsas. Great track/street tire!

In the last year or so, I started running warmers and DOT race tires. First it was the Dragons, Pirelli's older spec race tire. Great price point. Then last year I tried their current race DOT.. the Diablo Supercorsa. OMG I love these tires.

Pirelli also makes a trackday slick that doesn't require warmers and wears like iron. Haven't given those a try yet.

"Pirelli also makes a trackday slick that doesn't require warmers and wears like iron. Haven't given those a try yet."

Which Pirelli model are you talking about? I would be interested in these.

·
Registered
31 Posts
"Pirelli also makes a trackday slick that doesn't require warmers and wears like iron. Haven't given those a try yet."

Which Pirelli model are you talking about? I would be interested in these.
It's called the Diablo Superbike PRO and has a red stripe around it, as compared to the full-on race slick which is called the Diablo Superbike and has no red stripe.

Some info here: http://www.gomtag.com/product/15140&CFID=32254255&CFTOKEN=ae49abd7d5642ec6-D39172E7-F03F-E737-BC2AF51F2758C798/name.htm

Obviously, it's no good in the wet!

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Does anybody know what type is this reservoir tube, maybe Tygon F-4040-A? I need something that is more flexible than Tygon 2375 and not black. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's called the Diablo Superbike PRO and has a red stripe around it, as compared to the full-on race slick which is called the Diablo Superbike and has no red stripe.

Some info here: http://www.gomtag.com/product/15140&CFID=32254255&CFTOKEN=ae49abd7d5642ec6-D39172E7-F03F-E737-BC2AF51F2758C798/name.htm

Obviously, it's no good in the wet!
So, these are kind of spendy - and that's IF you can find them in stock.

I just ordered a Q3! Revzilla had it for $144 shipped, which is only about $9 more than I paid for my last Q2. Rave reviews so far. Can't wait to try it out! I hope it shows up before Sunday. Not sure if I can squeak another day out of my rear tire. Man, the track chews up tires quick. I've only been getting 2 days on a rear. This last one lasted a little longer because the weather was cold and I was riding timidly after my wreck.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

Thanks for pointing out those slicks. Might run them my first race weekend.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

21 - 40 of 2369 Posts