Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, first off I couldn't get any help on Gixxer.com. :infrandom People just called me names and said I was stupid because what was happening to my bike and assumed it was just the battery and battery alone....

Let me break it down.

Two Saturday's ago I go riding (short ride)

Mods I have on my bike Which is a K7 600

Jardine Slip-on GP1
Set Valve removed

Nothing special

After riding I stopped at a parking lot to watch MSF riding course - as I was about to leave..I tried starting up the bike. The starter would start (hence battery was working and it was only 3 months old) But wouldn't start. Also I replaced the plugs when i replaced the battery cause I thought it was the battery and it was just the plugs went bad.

So, being that I needed to be sure it wasn't the spark plugs (AGAIN) I had a friend who was at the local shop already and picked me up some plugs. Replaced the plugs, checked everything ECU, battery cables ect. Started up and no turn over..

Well eventually I clutch started in 2nd gear and got it home. When I was riding it ..seemed that not all the cylinders were up and running. So I call the shop where I take my bike and let him hear it over the phone. First thing he says it ain't the battery. No lights are flashing nor, F1 light is coming on. So, I let the bike sit for awhile come back out at night and it starts right up but, bogs down at the start.

So the next morning before I leave for DC I start the bike up. Same issue, bogs down and then eventually starts to run. I let it run for awhile and kill it. Before I leave it wont' start up so I make plans for the shop to pick it up.

After they pick the bike up they do a full diagnostic. Test the volts, electrics, wiring harness, battery. EVERYTHING! and only thing they could find is that the exhaust was turning white. Which is a sign of the bike running too lean.

For some reason my A/F ratio was extremely off and this only started happening when I put the Jardine on. Although I did put it on during the winter to borrow it from my friend to try it out. I didn't run into this issue. But, they said with warmer temp it can cause issues with the fuel injection.

So right now I have the bike at a shop for Diyno test and ECU remap also installing a BMC race filter. I know before you get on my back about doing this I was almost about to buy a PCIII but, I want to try this first since ECU remap configures all 8 ports instead of 4. Also saves me $$$ Dyno Remap and Filter =$300

I don't know why I am the only person with this issue or what. Just a freak problem with my bike. But I can't wait to see what my Dyno test results are once I get my girl back.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Bad gas possibly? Or maybe a clogged fuel system?

Check the plugs. If they are fouled black, you have an overly rich condition bogging down your bike. If they are clean/light gray, may have a lean condition, or it may be something else.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad gas possibly? Or maybe a clogged fuel system?

Check the plugs. If they are fouled black, you have an overly rich condition bogging down your bike. If they are clean/light gray, may have a lean condition, or it may be something else.
well, prior to the old plugs (3 months) they darkish gray so it wasn't that - and I replaced them that day it went down...but, turns out it is the A/F ratio is messed up cause of the Jardine and set valve removed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts