Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone.. This could be a stupid question but i have new disc brakes to put on the front of my 02 gsxr 750 but i dont know how to get the axel pin threw the wheel.? Need a special tool to get that "inner nut" off.. I losen off the 2 bolts on each side of the shock but still wont side threw..

Any help.? thanks very much.

·
Registered
552 Posts
No idea on torque. Never taken mine off but I belive its standard righty tighty, lefty loosey. Wont the clamps on the bottom of the forks hold it from ever loosening anyway, even if you dont have the exact torque?

·
Registered
89 Posts
i think the torque is 72.5 ftlbs. and you loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the side withe the allen fitting loosen the axle and then loosen other pinch bolts and remove axle

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
i think the torque is 72.5 ftlbs. and you loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the side withe the allen fitting loosen the axle and then loosen other pinch bolts and remove axle
Incorrect, on that generation GSXR you NEVER loosen the leftside pinch bolts (leftside as if you are sitting on the bike). Loosen right side pinch bolts then remove axel with universal front axel tool ($20-ish at Cyclegear) or you can make your own ghetto fabulous one for about $2-$3. Torque is 72.5ft lbs but I never tighten my front axel to spec because if you over torque it you can cause stiction in the forks but I safety wire everything so I'm safe in that respect.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Incorrect, on that generation GSXR you NEVER loosen the leftside pinch bolts (leftside as if you are sitting on the bike). Loosen right side pinch bolts then remove axel with universal front axel tool ($20-ish at Cyclegear) or you can make your own ghetto fabulous one for about $2-$3. Torque is 72.5ft lbs but I never tighten my front axel to spec because if you over torque it you can cause stiction in the forks but I safety wire everything so I'm safe in that respect.
Thanks for the input guys, I kinda made my own ghetto fab tool, as i live in the middle of nowhere so hard for me to get the the parts stores or dealerships. Is that nut reverse threads or is it just standard lefty to get her off..?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.