Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is my first post here idk how this g work so dont bully me lol 馃槀, well the bike i have rn i have put together by buying two crashed bikes the engine and frame is from one and the throttle bodies , radiator and basically everything else is from the other one , the issue is after everything is put together the bike is getting hot quick it goes up to 240 even with the fans turning on at 220 i dont let it go over that (240)for obvious reasons , but ifk if the radiator is effed or the thermostat is fully open which can let the coolant flow too quick and not dissipate the heat correctly or something else which idk and why im here please help oh no leaks anywhere and i changed the coolant twice using regular green coolant and now water and no difference

Registered
If I read that huge run on sentence correctly, have you bled the air bubbles out of the system like the service manual says?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If I read that huge run on sentence correctly, have you bled the air bubbles out of the system like the service manual says?
nope haven't done that and im sorry about biggest sentence u have seen , but the other bike i have, my daily had a bubble and the only issue was that it got to 223 and then came back down, and this bike the problem its just while standing while moving it goes down to 170-180掳

Super Moderator
From easy to hard:
Make sure the system is full and burped.
Is the system clean?
Hoses not crimped?
Check the thermostat operation.
Check the water pump that it is turning and the impeller is not loose on the shaft.

Registered
Is the radiator fan coming on? Is it plugged in the wrong way round blowing air away from the radiator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
From easy to hard:
Make sure the system is full and burped.
Is the system clean?
Hoses not crimped?
Check the thermostat operation.
Check the water pump that it is turning and the impeller is not loose on the shaft.
im gonna do that next weekend i have been getting home too late lately , but for sure the hoses are fine, amd the system is clean cus i have change the coolant twice already and run water thru it .

Registered
If you ran a few heat/cool cycles on the engine the bubbles should be burped. My money is on the thermostat

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Is the radiator fan coming on? Is it plugged in the wrong way round blowing air away from the radiator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes is plugged in and blowing towards me while im on the bike so i think its doing its job correctly
If you ran a few heat/cool cycles on the engine the bubbles should be burped. My money is on the thermostat
thats what im thinking too but imma change the radiator first since its the only other thing that its easy to change , and now i got a friend told me to check the cap of it if its closing right and i think its not , does that has something to do if it stays a little bit open?

Super Moderator
If the radiator cap is not closing or sealing correctly, it will blow coolant into the reservoir and then overboard. You did not mention this was happening.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
If the radiator cap is not closing or sealing correctly, it will blow coolant into the reservoir and then overboard. You did not mention this was happening.
i didn't cus i did not see it at first when i got told to check on it i saw it wasn't closing correctly amd since the bike its not throwing coolant all over the place i didn't checked that ,and maybe cus i haven't let it get to that point as soon as i see it go over 230 i turn it off

Registered
The fan should come on at 221 掳F and quickly bring it down to 212 掳F; and that should only happen if you're stationary. It should be in the 170's 掳F if you're moving at any reasonable speed. 230 - 240 掳F sounds like air in the system (improperly bled), many bent fins on the radiator (or some other blockage), a malfunctioning water pump, or a stuck thermostat. You wouldn't see the 170-180 掳F unless the water pump and thermostat were working. I'm betting that you didn't get all the air out. There's more to it than removing the cap and adding coolant until the level is up to the neck.

"i changed the coolant twice using regular green coolant and now water"
I hope that water was only used to flush the system and even then there are conditions. Either use water treated with lubricating and anti-corrosion additives or use distilled water for purging only. Water is corrosive and shouldn't be used by itself. It's not clear that you know what you're doing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
the water used was destilled water , i used the same process to bleed my daily and it didn't gave me issues till a while ago that i had to change a hose clamp from the radiator and i didn't bleeded everything out so the bubble that the daily has it just get to 220 easier than before but not getting up to 240 like this one. On my other bike i run engine ice but i dont wanna change it to that without first knowing whats going on with it ,like i said imma change the radiator i dont think its air in the system cus i have bleeded it twice already and theres no change and if theres something else on the process of bleeding it dont just tell me that " There's more to it than removing the cap and adding coolant until the level is up to the neck", and yes i dont know what im doing so if u can explain to me like if i was dumb step by step i would appreciate it thank u for replying 馃憤馃徎

1 - 12 of 12 Posts