Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was looking around the forum but I couldn't find anything about this. I'm a new rider in SOCAL, Diamond Bar area, and I was wondering what you guys do about getting stuck at traffic lights. I just bought this thing online called the "Light Knight" and it came in today, I mounted it on bottom of my, like on my bike stand, and it didn't work at all. Is there anything I can do about this?
Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
most of those adds for products claiming to change the light do not work. You are better of waiting until it is safe to proceed through the light. I do believe where I live if the light does not recognise you are there after say several light cycles (turning arrow) you are allowed to treat it as an inoperable light and proceed through it with caution. Treat it like a stop sign if you have been sitting there for 5 mins or more.

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
During the day I don't really have a problem there is usally enough traffic that it isn't a problem. Late at night it is a different story then if it dosen't change right away I make sure there is no traffic and treat it like it is broken. That means I wait until its clear then I go.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do like I do look for cops as you approach the light and do a stop and go.:thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
most of the lights by me have markings on the pavement to indicate where you need to stop to be recognized. With such a huge influx of bikes these days, i suspect its only a matter of time before all of them are converted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah, so far I've been just running the ones that didnt change and risking it. I'm going to change what I said about the "Light Knight" not working, I guess it just didn't work at a few of the lights around my house, because I came up to a different light in my neighborhood at night, when no cars were around the light actually changed as I was approaching it, so that made me pretty happy. I'll keep you guys posted as to how well it works. Thanks for the advice

·
a real Squid (see sig)
84 Posts
If you put your kickstand down kill the engine and restart it trigger the light.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
And...

If you treat it as a broken or malfunctioning light, and wait more than one cycle, then run the red, and get stop by a motorcycle cop, who sites you anyways. Please post how you manage to get out of the ticket by explaining to the judge why you ran a red light.

Thanks
this has happened to me.. i was lucky enough to be stopped @ a light where they had a camera.. i did receive a ticket but when i went to court ( n o lawyer) i explained i waited 3 turns of the light then slowly went thru... my court date got postponed to a later date @ which time i was told the ticket was thrown out.. the cop that stopped me did not want to hear a word of what I was saying. Got lucky I guess..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The light knight thing that I bought so far has been working at most of the older lights in my area, its the newer lights that are the problem. At night, so far I've just been risking it, looking both ways :shifty and running the light . Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
so what is it? my buddy ended up getting something for this kind of pronblem as well. but he said that his looked like a big magnet that is at the bottom of the bike. is that what yours is as well?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought the "Light Knight". The website it www.thelightknight.com. THey have a money back guarentee so if you want to try it on some of the lights in your area. Let me know how it works out for you.
Thanks for the info, I stay out in the Carson area and never really had any issues with the traffic lights....i usually stay right on top of the sensors in the pavement, seems to help....but then again there is always traffic in my area :shifty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive tried something Similar to the "light knight" and im not sure if it works...Sometimes the light changes and sometimes it doesnt...as far as flashing the high beams at the lights not to sure how accurate that it...i get the same result sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt...so its 50-50 haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excellent.

I'm in Walnut a lot. Maybe we could ride together.

When my buddies used to start out riding, they would all get 250s. I helped them with a simple install: I got N80 or above Neodymium magnets and mounted them to the bottom of the bike.

This changes a lot of the older lights right away.

So far with my K7, I haven't had a problem with not being able to trigger lights.

GL

·
Registered
30 Posts
whats up 2 all my fellow riders in the LA area

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.