Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was riding my 02 gixxer1000 down 495 and all of sudden my bike would shut down for about 5 seconds and rev back up it did this all the way home. I could only give it a little gas to stop it from doing this and the FI light is constantly on, I cleaned the dirt out my k&n filter and put it back in was I suppose to put something on the filter? I put fuel injector cleaner in my tank to try and help it, maybe I put too much. Could that be the problem or could it be something else causing this? I also change the oil with 5w40 fully synthetic Castrol about a 1000 miles ago. Any help will surely be appreciated.

·
Registered
552 Posts
How much injector cleaner did you put in? Usually one bottle treats like 20 gal. So I hope you only put like 1/4 of the bottle in. With a K&N you use a special degreaser to soak it, then rinse it out and spray it with filter oil. Search the net, you will find better instructions. Personally I think its easier to just put a new stock filter in once a year. I never did like cleaning reusable filters. I think the stocker filters better to. Not cleaning your K&N properly wouldnt cause the bike to die thou. You cant really clean a K&N without degreasing it, so it sounds like all you really did is knock some of the excess dirt and bugs out.

If you put to much filter oil on your K&N when you clean it you can gunk up some of the sensors in the intake, but it sounds like you didnt oil it so that shouldnt be the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well if i'm thinking right the K2 1K is fuel injected so if you got something in your tank and it got past your tank filter it could of got stuck on your fuel rail screen witch would only allow so much fuel past at a time.. witch in turn could cause a problem with it dying. but then again i could be wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much injector cleaner did you put in? Usually one bottle treats like 20 gal. So I hope you only put like 1/4 of the bottle in. With a K&N you use a special degreaser to soak it, then rinse it out and spray it with filter oil. Search the net, you will find better instructions. Personally I think its easier to just put a new stock filter in once a year. I never did like cleaning reusable filters. I think the stocker filters better to. Not cleaning your K&N properly wouldnt cause the bike to die thou. You cant really clean a K&N without degreasing it, so it sounds like all you really did is knock some of the excess dirt and bugs out.

If you put to much filter oil on your K&N when you clean it you can gunk up some of the sensors in the intake, but it sounds like you didnt oil it so that shouldnt be the problem.
I'll put a new stock filter back in and see what happens thanks.

What about the FI light? What do you think caused it to stay on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if i'm thinking right the K2 1K is fuel injected so if you got something in your tank and it got past your tank filter it could of got stuck on your fuel rail screen witch would only allow so much fuel past at a time.. witch in turn could cause a problem with it dying. but then again i could be wrong.
ok thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well if your FI light is still comming on when you ride... Search the fourms for instructions on putting the bike into dealer mode. Then it will tell you the coeds, there is a list on here of what each code means. If you can get a code, it will give you a direction to start troubleshooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.