Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wanted to tell this interesting Story. I was at a Honda shop nearby today to look at their new bikes. By coincidence the boss was on the phone, cursing and shouting :arsenal. He complained that all Hondas reach his shop in a bad condition (they're scratched and have fauly parts), and customers were constantly reporting problems which he had to repair on warrenty. Furthermore he directly said that Honda quality is terrible and that he can't sell the bikes in this condition. He also complained that the new Hondas are junky and that he earned too little by selling the bikes.
Before leaving I asked him how the new combined ABS is selling. He said that they're no longer being sold and the ones sold are being recalled due to a serious technical fault in the ABS system! (Does anyone know more about that?:shifty
At the time, I almost bought the Honda CBR600 because all newspapers sait it was the best. When the news about ABS had come out, I had already signed a contract to buy a GSX-R600K8 (I chose it because I didn't like the Hondas lights!!). I was really upset because I do think ABS is a valuable feature, but when I heard that the ABS was already giving trouble, and that Honda's quality is miserable, I was sooo glad that I had bought a GSX-R:thumbup:!!! So the Fact remains: The GSX-R are the best and most reliable Superbikes out there! :bowdown:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've ridden Suzuki in the dirt and on the road since I was about 8. I'm biased because I'm a die-hard Zook nut. However, due to sponsors, I've had a smattering of hondas over the years, and I always come home to riding yellow.

As far as new streetbikes are concerned, I rode a K8 CBR and a K8 GSXR before selecting the GSXR. The CBR not only felt too light, it shook at high speed and was uncomfortable as all hell. My K8 1000 might be a bit heavy, but she's rock solid at any speed and comfortable for me. Now if they'd only make a race replica like that Repsol honda down at the shop..... Honda or not, that thing is sweet. I look forward to leaving whoever buys it in the dust. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Glad you made the wise choice! And as far as the comfort level of the CBR, if I wanted to sit on a piece of plywood, I would build a soapbox car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts