Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having trouble finding gloves that fit. i can find them where they fit across the knuckles but the fingers are never long enough. has anyone had the same problem? any sudjections on gloves.. im not a fan of the gautlents

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
find a local cycle gear shop or any motorcycle gear shop try on a few diff vendors and sizes.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Do what is suggested above. Also if the glove has a knuckle guard, be sure to get it where the index and middle finger are separated from the ring and little finger.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not the width of the glove across the knuckles that dont fit.. its the finger length are never long enough.. every different size of glove i try.. all the fingers seam to be the same length.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
You might have to get them made custom or have the tailored. Lizzyleathers can make those adjustments. Greatest leather tailor I know.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I sometimes wear my Fox MX gloves. Super comfy, but obviously much less protection than my gauntlets.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Why do you say that?
Your index and middle finger are more or less attached to one another physically whereas the other 2 float. So if you get a one solid guard your middle finger's knuckle will become a fulcrum to the guard. This equals pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
be sure to get it where the index and middle finger are separated from the ring and little finger.
I think mine are all connected. What does having them separated do for you?

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
It just gives you more of a natural movement.

You can see here with MM. He able to form his hand on the grip in a multitude of ways that feel natrual

Some grips look like one continuous knuckle guard but when you manipulate it you can feel the separation.

As for comfort, like I said, with the solid piece using you middle finger's knuckle as a fulcrum when you squeeze your hand into a fist shape, or grip shape.. it will push on that knuckle inwards. painful.

Main reason is for use of full range of motion of your hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts