Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was wondering how the quality of the Go Pro camera was, here's a short video of me and my cousing riding. I have it mounted on the left side of my fairing. My bike is a Gixxer 600 and my cousin's bike is a CBR 600. The camera is the 5 megapixel with the 170 degree lens version. I've got other videos, but are too long to put on Youtube.

:headscrat ...stupid bug...:shifty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SM6uLadmU&feature=channel_page

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Looks pretty good. I have to cam too, and its nice to know im not the only one having sound issues. Mine sounds alot worse then yours tho. Sounds like yours is just some minor wind noise.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you mind showing us pics on how you have it mounted? The quality on the cam looks really good but whats up with the sound?
I don't know what was up with the sound that weekend. :headscrat Usually it's not very bad at all. Maybe I need to check the clear casing's seal.

I'll take some pictures later on how I mounted it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this camera as well, and have two of the included camera mounts attached to my bike via the included 3M double sided adhesive strips. One on the bottom of my windscreen just above the front fairing and one on my seat cowl. The included suction cup has the best and strongest hold I have ever experienced. I've put it on my car, my bike, and my helmet. Awesome camera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
go pro and motocomm are pretty much the same quality. I have both camera's. It's nice to have both because the motocomm 3g has a screen but the gopro you can mount it anywhere. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry that took so long! I usually use the sunction cup, because I can mount it in a couple of different places, but here's the permanent mount that I have on my fairings right now:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
during that whole video i was trying to figure out where you were. no luck though. lol.

but it sounds like the camera is hitting the side of your fairings..
I was on the bike that the camera is mounted on...LOL. :lol:

Could have been hitting the side of my fairings, but really it doesn't move very much at all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
sounded more of a rattle than wind noise...maybe it was moving in its mount? video quality is very good. how does something like that go for? does cold affect it?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounded more of a rattle than wind noise...maybe it was moving in its mount? video quality is very good. how does something like that go for? does cold affect it?
Could have been. The mount is a slightly broken.

It was about $200 for the motorsports hero kit. You'll need that kit if you want all the mounts. Otherwise you're going to have to buy them separately anyway. I know, because one of my cousin's buddies bought the basic kit, and it came with hardly anything.

The instructions say that if you use rechargable batteries, the cold and heat won't affect it much. I've used it in times when the lens would fog up, but the camera still worked fine.

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
ok so instead of starting a new thread Ill ask my ?? in here.. who all has this camera ? what others are there ? likes ?? dislikes ?? I ask cuz Im gonna road trip it to Frisco in Sept & was thinking bout investing in one.. any advice ( ok related advide lol ) will be appreciated !! Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I made a custom mount to go on my handlebars, and i use my digital camera to record video.
Battery life isn't too great when i'm filming in HD, but it's still saving me 200-300 dollars on one of these setups :infrandom

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so instead of starting a new thread Ill ask my ?? in here.. who all has this camera ? what others are there ? likes ?? dislikes ?? I ask cuz Im gonna road trip it to Frisco in Sept & was thinking bout investing in one.. any advice ( ok related advide lol ) will be appreciated !! Thanks
The video quality is good, so long as you don't play it on your huge HD television screen. :lol: I also like that it has different functions built into it and is small and easy to take with you. It even fits in my Gixxer's "hump." And because it is so small, you can mount it almost anywhere you can come up with. Oh yeah, the case that the camera sits in is waterproof too, up to 100 feet underwater.

I love it, but the only gripe that I have is that it can't record for very long. On a 2 GB memory card (which is the maximum supported), it will record for approximately 1 hour. Also, a set of rechargeable batteries (which you will want) lasts approximately 2 hours.

Every time I know I'll be recording, I just bring along extra batteries as well as extra memory cards.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.