Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly looking for a 600. Won't be able to get it until mid July or so. Yes. I have searches in on cycletrader.com. some shops that font advertise too bad of prices on used gSXR's also have some bad reviews for service. I also see them advertise a 2015 bike with 4000 miles for like 6500 but a 2011 with 12,000+ for 8,000. Some of these prices don't make sense. A 2011 had to have sold new for around 8,000 didn't it?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Don't waste your time with a dealer, buy it from an owner. One that has had it for a good while and shows that they cared for it.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,684 Posts
I've only used CycleTrader once but lucked out. Got my 2011 750 in the summer of 2014 from a guy who worked at a dealership and had only put 1900 miles on it. Was basically just broken in!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping if I got one from a dealer I would have more recourse if something went wrong soon after the sale. Private owner would say oh well, whereas a dealer has a reputation to keep. If I knew more about what a GSXR should and should not sound like during a test ride, I'd feel a little better about getting one from a private seller.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am slowly looking for a 600. Won't be able to get it until mid July or so. Yes. I have searches in on cycletrader.com. some shops that font advertise too bad of prices on used gSXR's also have some bad reviews for service. I also see them advertise a 2015 bike with 4000 miles for like 6500 but a 2011 with 12,000+ for 8,000. Some of these prices don't make sense. A 2011 had to have sold new for around 8,000 didn't it?

Good luck my man. If you are looking to buy, you need to be looking now, and not in the middle of July. You are going to pay a higher price for sure by buying in the summer. I am located near Pittsburgh,and have bought 3 bikes off of craigslist in the off season. I have bought 2 others from dealers. I am not the type of guy to pay the typical $5,000 for a 2006 with 10,000 miles, fair condition with mods. Lets be for real, most people want way more then their bike is worth. Their are those willing to deal and those who aren't.

I only buy my bikes, if i feel that I am getting a deal. I have bought many bikes that I could have profited on immediately, but chose to keep instead. I don't look to turn a profit, I look for what I want. Is their a type of bike you are looking for. that could help narrow your search.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking for a GSXR 600 2011 or newer. I like some of the added features of the 2011 and newer bikes. I plan on keeping the bike gor a while. So I don't want one too old that will start having parts worn out a year or two after I get it. I mentioned getting a bike through a dealer because they have more at stake if a week after I buy the bike something major goes wrong with it. If they won't haggle on price. Maybe they'll throw in a 30 or 60 day warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts