Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to buy a bike and two friends already own them and we want to know if there are any good roads that are twisty or just fun in central florida or surrounding areas. if anyone knows of any let me know

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
:funny: :laughingr
not really any "good" roads in FLA..... but might be a few OK ones

·
Registered
63 Posts
We ride through West Central FL. A bunch of us from Tampa Bay and ride on some of the "best" roads in the area...actually they ARE the best roads. :D Theres not much to choose from.

But Clermont has some of the best of them that we like the most. You can get on 561 & 561-A and have a great time. Check out StreetKnights.com and join us on our next ride. Tomorrow we are riding through Brooksville and Spring Hill. Check the What's Happening section for rides. Weather is GREAT! If you got leathers -- bring them. If not, atleast helmet, jacket, gloves, pants and boots suggested.

We had some guy roll up wearing shorts and just a helmet and we told him to ride somewehere else.

·
Registered
617 Posts
too bad it's not south FL...they've got a road called nine turns, and it's amazing to cruise. It's legendary down here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are 2 decent roads in Citrus County that I know of and ride a lot, nothing spectactular but some nice curvy roads with some good 90's

·
Registered
63 Posts
cpat said:
too bad it's not south FL...they've got a road called nine turns, and it's amazing to cruise. It's legendary down here.
Yea, but 9-Turns and Snake Road is all the turns you have down there. Damn Grid Pattern streets. :headshake Thats why it is legendary...there is nothing else. ;)

Come up to Central FL some time and ride with us. Well show you some good roads. Actually, a bunch of riders we ride with down by you are going to be coming up to meet us in Sebring at a little "track" there called .6 -- on Sunday 10/24.
Read here http://www.streetknights.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9115

Maybe you can hook up with them They are all good people. Crazy-funny, but good people. :D

CIAO

·
Registered
63 Posts
Branrob said:
There are 2 decent roads in Citrus County that I know of and ride a lot, nothing spectactular but some nice curvy roads with some good 90's
Ah, theres more than 2. Some good ones: Gobbler, Istatacha, Ozello Trail, 33 I think. Some others but I dont know the names...I just know them by sight. :D

We ride up through there a couple times a month. We were just through there yesterday. Let me know next time your out there.

CIAO

·
Registered
617 Posts
BunchaMalarkey said:
Yea, but 9-Turns and Snake Road is all the turns you have down there. Damn Grid Pattern streets. :headshake Thats why it is legendary...there is nothing else. ;)

Come up to Central FL some time and ride with us. Well show you some good roads. Actually, a bunch of riders we ride with down by you are going to be coming up to meet us in Sebring at a little "track" there called .6 -- on Sunday 10/24.
Read here http://www.streetknights.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9115

Maybe you can hook up with them They are all good people. Crazy-funny, but good people. :D

CIAO

Good to know...once I get my bike then I'll definitly be riding all over the state!!! I'd roll up there this weekend, but I've got my best buddy comin down from Panama city on Friday till Tues, so I'll be busy with her since I haven't seen her in 2 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts