Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Already Sold One 05 600, Got Word Today The 750's Will Be In On November 10th Here In Las Vegas. Got A Shipment Today Of Bikes Which Got Me All Excited But Had No Suzukis, For The Exception Of A 04 Mladin Edition...nice But Can't Wait To See Some "new" Paint!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 1k's Arent Even Supposed To Be In Until March 05

kre8 said:
here is a pic of the 05 busa that I took at the local Suzuki dealer in Cntrl FL.

SUPRISED TO SEE AN 05 ALREADY IN FLORIDA, ARE YOU SURE??????

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're Right!

702GSXR750 said:
SUPRISED TO SEE AN 05 ALREADY IN FLORIDA, ARE YOU SURE??????

YOU WERE RIGHT, THAT IS AN O5. GUESS THOSE ARE OUT BEFORE THE 1K'S. RIGHT ON. NOW ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS BUY ONE! :laughingr

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
hey that '05 kinda looks like the '99's :lol:

·
Registered
764 Posts
702GSXR750 said:
YOU WERE RIGHT, THAT IS AN O5. GUESS THOSE ARE OUT BEFORE THE 1K'S. RIGHT ON. NOW ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS BUY ONE! :laughingr
If the salesman would have told me they were gonna come out this week, I wouldn't have bought the 04 750 last friday. But I have some more pics of the 600, and the 1000. The 1k have a funny looking exaust, at least i didn't like it. Shit I left my cell phone at home, sorry can't upload those pics untill tomorrow.

kre8

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black And Blue For Me...

THE ONE I AM EXPECTING IS THE "NEW" BLACK AND BLUE 750. COULDA GONE WITH AN 04 BUT LIKED THE COLORS OF THE 05. SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS NICE. :thumbup:

·
Registered
764 Posts
702GSXR750 said:
THE ONE I AM EXPECTING IS THE "NEW" BLACK AND BLUE 750. COULDA GONE WITH AN 04 BUT LIKED THE COLORS OF THE 05. SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS NICE. :thumbup:

No doubt I saw the 05 600 there (blk/white/silver) very nice but I'm more of the yellow and blk. I do like that blk/white/blue colors though, that shit looks tight as hell. Well so far I have a whole 52 miles on my 750, I can't drive it out of my community since I don't have my license yet. Really suckz because I would love to go riding with my dad even though he's ridin on a "Hog".

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought the 2005 Black and White 600

I bought a black and white 2005 600 a few weeks ago. Was waiting on the 750 but didn't want the Yellow they got in. There are only 2 shipments a year to dealers. One in ealry "year before" and one in the production year, March. Couldn't wait, maybe in March I'll pick up the black and blue 750 if I feel the need.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well aparently your buddy isn't that good of a rider then.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So you actually think that a 750 will keep up with a 1000? I take it you havent rode a 1000. I rode is 750 and i was like holy crap. I mean it had almost no power compared to the 1000. Being that the 1000 only weighs 5-8 pounds more than the 750 makes the 1000 dominate. I mean really, go out and ride 1000 and then you will see things alittle more in prospective.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well besides that fact that I own an 04 GSXR 1000, and have put 13k miles on it since april, no I have no idea what riding a 1000 is like. I can tell you this much, yes a 1000 will have more power, but riding ability can make up for that difference. If you learn to ride, then you don't need the power to win, you have the skill, Just look at Valentino Rossi, on an inferior bike with less power and still kicks the shit outa the hondas, because he's a better rider.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree with you on the mobility of the 750. I loved the way his 750 felt in curves and also in a simple lane change, you can tell the diff. in a his and mine. And yes, i agree with you on the other thang, he really doesnt know how to ride. Its almost got to the point that i dont like riding with him. He never does anything on that bike. We'll be busting twisties and look back and hes no where to be found. Then when we go back to check on him, here he comes. He always says, "it feels like my tire is sliding out from under me". and that that. We rode about 5,000 miles together this summer and other than the times on the strights when he would kick it down while messing with the other riders, I've never seen him lift the front tire or anything halfway kewl. Maybe he babied it to much during breakin. We bought them 1 day apart brand new. But really, his had no power and really surprised me when i got on it. But I do agree with what your saying about skillz.

Attached is a old pic of our bikes the day after when got both of them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you are talking about straight speed on roads like an interstate, yeah a 1000 will pull away form a 750 , But on a curvy road or race track you won't.

Talking about riders with the same skill that is.

Unless you have the skills of a professional like valentino Rossi who can take a 1000 to a level where the 750 can't reach you will see that diference. But riders like us will never get in that zone.

Got a 03 GSXR 750 my self and road on Taladega race track with many other 1000's but none of them got away gained someone the straight but they lost that again in the curves.

It has probably more to do with the skills of your fellow biker than the performance of the 750.

10 years ago I had a Yamaha FZR 600 and never got beaten by a 1000 or 1100 on curvy roads.

Its not just the small weight difference but where the weight is at , a 750 has a lighter crank shaft that the 1 k's. Which makes a difference in handling

1 - 20 of 34 Posts