Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure WHAT it was. I didnt see it till the second before it hit my arm and bounced off. I know it was dark colored and about the size of a golf ball, but this some bitch hurt like a mofo and bruised and cut me instantly. The pic doesnt do it justice but you get the point. I was yelling and screaming in my helmet it hurt so bad. I was doing about 80mph. There really wasnt any big trucks around to be throwing off any dirt chuncks either.. I have no idea what it was...

upper left arm

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wonder if it was a piece of a blown out tire or something? Were you riding behind any other vehicles? Or do ya think this was an object from mother nature? Lol! Did it do that to you thru a jacket?

I was riding thru town one day about 30mph and a yellow jacket hit me right in the middle of my fore arm and instantly started sting me, repeatedly. It took a few swats to get it off my arm, it was latched onto me with its damn stinger! The thing looked like it was break dancing on my arm with its stinger as a pivot point or something! For some reason it took months and months for that to heal to, dunno if its the toxin they have in their sting or what, think I actually got a little scare from it. God damn bees!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder if it was a piece of a blown out tire or something? Were you riding behind any other vehicles? Or do ya think this was an object from mother nature? Lol! Did it do that to you thru a jacket?

I was riding thru town one day about 30mph and a yellow jacket hit me right in the middle of my fore arm and instantly started sting me, repeatedly. It took a few swats to get it off my arm, it was latched onto me with its damn stinger! The thing looked like it was break dancing on my arm with its stinger as a pivot point or something! For some reason it took months and months for that to heal to, dunno if its the toxin they have in their sting or what, think I actually got a little scare from it. God damn bees!
no I did not have my jacket on, it was 103 today. There were cars everywhere. Yes I20 is 4-5 lanes wide and in rush hour there is tons of cars. It was WAY to big and HARD to be a bug. It didn't break crack when it hit my arm... Was solid! Shit idk....

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
no I did not have my jacket on, it was 103 today. There were cars everywhere. Yes I20 is 4-5 lanes wide and in rush hour there is tons of cars. It was WAY to big and HARD to be a bug. It didn't break crack when it hit my arm... Was solid! Shit idk....
I hear you on the heat man I live in Texas and it has been cazy hot but I always at least wear my mesh jacket better than nothing but I had a rock hit me with that jacket on in the arm and it felt like I didn't even have it on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you on the heat man I live in Texas and it has been cazy hot but I always at least wear my mesh jacket better than nothing but I had a rock hit me with that jacket on in the arm and it felt like I didn't even have it on.
yeah this would stilll have been felt with the jacket. Probably would have beem mark free but..... oh well...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
yea people get hit with stuff all the time when riding. my favorite is all the bugs that explode on the helmet, and cigarettes thrown out of cars, thats when have to ride up and punch a mirror off.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea people get hit with stuff all the time when riding. my favorite is all the bugs that explode on the helmet, and cigarettes thrown out of cars, thats when have to ride up and punch a mirror off.
Yeah well, I feel all the little small pebbles and stuff ALL the time, but this thing was at least golf ball size and it didnt give AT ALL when it hit me. Hell it could have been a black golf ball for all I know.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
maybe it was a small bird?

Me and some guys were riding one time and doing some twisties at about 160km/h. All of sudden he stops and pulls over. Appearently he hit a bat doing and the thing basically exploded in his chest. He was out of breath and felt like someone punched him in the chest.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was riding thru town one day about 30mph and a yellow jacket hit me right in the middle of my fore arm and instantly started sting me, repeatedly. It took a few swats to get it off my arm, it was latched onto me with its damn stinger! The thing looked like it was break dancing on my arm with its stinger as a pivot point or something! For some reason it took months and months for that to heal to, dunno if its the toxin they have in their sting or what, think I actually got a little scare from it. God damn bees![/QUOTE]

break dancing bees !! :laughingr:laughingr:laughingr:laughingr sorry to hear that man but that was funny as shit

·
Registered
133 Posts
If it was a bug you would've had nasty guts all over your arm too.

I hit some type of bug once, and i swear i had yellow gut splatter about the size of a CD on my helmet!!
I had to pull into a gas station and clean it off because i really couldn't see a thing.
It also splattered all over the tank and my jacket. My dad saw some splatter on the tank that i didn't clean off and said "you better not be standing on the fucking tank" lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was no bug guts. Im thinking it was just a golf ball size hard ass rock, because it was ruff enough to scrape my skin a little bit yet it wasn't a dirt rock because it didn't come apart. I just took another pic of it right now. You can see where it has bruised and turned brown a little... I'll try to post it in a little bit..

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you wear gear that shit wont happen. 50 deg or 120 deg the pain is still the same with out gear.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you wear gear that shit wont happen. 50 deg or 120 deg the pain is still the same with out gear.
so if I wore the gear i wouldnt have been hit by the rock? NO i stilll would have been hit and STILL would have felt it and been left with a bruise. Only thing gear would have done would make me sweat more and I wouldnt have got the small scratches that I got..

·
Registered
90 Posts
so if I wore the gear i wouldnt have been hit by the rock? NO i stilll would have been hit and STILL would have felt it and been left with a bruise. Only thing gear would have done would make me sweat more and I wouldnt have got the small scratches that I got..
You will never know will you, you are a fuckin idiot for not wearing gear and then wanting us to say poor poor you. The jacket would have protected you from the impact. Yes you whould have still been hit, but the gear could have reduced the impact.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You will never know will you, you are a fuckin idiot for not wearing gear and then wanting us to say poor poor you. The jacket would have protected you from the impact.
NO your THE FUCKIN IDIOT that says by wearing it, It would have caused the rock to GO AROUND ME... I little thin mesh jacket isnt going to proetct you from a golf ball going 80-90 mph...

I never said wanted any fuckin sympathy from anybody dumbass! just mearly telling a story just like every other thread on here dip shit!

Yes, gear protects you somewhat, but you act like its a hockey goalie suit with a TON of padding... I still would have felt it gear or not!

·
Registered
90 Posts
NO your THE FUCKIN IDIOT that says by wearing it, It would have caused the rock to GO AROUND ME... I little thin mesh jacket isnt going to proetct you from a golf ball going 80-90 mph...

Im never said wanted any fuckin sympathy from anybody dumbass! just mearly telling a story just like every other thread on here dip shit!

Yes, gear protects you somewhat, but you act like its a hockey goalie suit with a TON of padding... I still would have felt it gear or not!
Whatever bro, just wear gear and ride safe. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
buy a textile... its slides better on the pavement than your skin.

quit crying and wear gear. period.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
buy a textile... its slides better on the pavement than your skin.

quit crying and wear gear. period.
I'd sure like to see a couple you internet warriors call me a "fuckin idiot"
and make comments like "quit crying" to my face. I doubt you'd ever speak a word if I was talking about the same topic in a circle with you...

Can almost bet the same ones preaching wear gear and helmets all the time are the ones that wear them the least too...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.