Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up riders, well my first riding season was last season and I started on a small bike which I highly recommend, then just a couple days ago I purchased a 2004 GSX-R 600!!!!!!! Brand new zero miles, for 7200.00 with a shoei helmet and a two brothers carbon fiber slip on. Im really excited that I got it and I cant wait to ride.

Since I did go from a sports touring style bike to a rocket, I would like for you guys to leave any comments that will help me go into this transition smoothly! I rode a couple friends bikes, like the R6, and the GSXR 600 01 model and the turning was rocky for me but I got the bike now and it aint no taking it back.
well thanks guys peace! :arsenal

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
My advice is to ride to your limits and never let anyone else tell you other wise. Oh its okay to slow down in the curves because you will catch them in the straights and always if you didn't know Look the way that your turning :thumbup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
audi1031 said:
My advice is to ride to your limits and never let anyone else tell you other wise. Oh its okay to slow down in the curves because you will catch them in the straights and always if you didn't know Look the way that your turning :thumbup:

Thank you !!!!!! for the advice you were the first to let me know the deal. Yea I will be very careful and not listen to what my friends "the very experienced riders" tell me how to ride!!!!! but thanks again.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The best advice i can give you, besides what audi said, is go to a track day, get your ass on the track, you will learn more in 1 day on the track than you can is 6 months of street riding. And the track is the most fun you will ever have.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

skibum91 said:
The best advice i can give you, besides what audi said, is go to a track day, get your ass on the track, you will learn more in 1 day on the track than you can is 6 months of street riding. And the track is the most fun you will ever have.
thank you sir, greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you haven't already...please put some framesliders on. Believe me it will save you some money. I got a 04 750 and I've dropped it on it's side twice just standing up. I had the frame sliders just sitting in the garage since I didn't have the tool to remove the Engine mount bolts so I paid the price for that! Don't ride without having your gear on even if it's a quick run I almost ate shit a few days ago turning just because I wanted 2 go put gas in the bike and didn't have my gear on. But like they say the clutch is your friend. Just have fun, be safe and take your time.

kre8

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm here in Ohio too, just bought a new 750 and cant wait till the weather breaks again. I managed to put 330 miles on it between the rain and snow storms. Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow

CS-05 said:
Welcome to the site! I'm here in Ohio too, just bought a new 750 and cant wait till the weather breaks again. I managed to put 330 miles on it between the rain and snow storms. Have fun and good luck!
what part of ohio are you in?!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the bike on the 18th of Jan, added the slip on today this evening Jan 21, 2005. I think it looks ok :hmmm:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tank Pad

CS-05 said:
what kind of tank pad is that? Looks cool, looks like chinese writing from that angle.

I will get a close up for you and post it when I get out of class!! its a suzuki one but it matches the bike to a T. I got it when I got the bike, it matched the bike so well that I had to get it! If you are looking to get one if you dont already have one tell me the color of your bike, I think we have the same and i will give them a call for you and ask them how much it is. I know it was cheap though.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Princeslea79 said:
Nice Bike Man Congrats :thumbup: :)
Thank you sir, is that a 03. 04 GSX-R 1000 that you ride, or if not what do you ride?
Second question, this is my second season riding, where do you get your bike products like frame sliders and all? I just go to bike sites and look at bikes with mods because I dont really knpw the main things you need to put on bikes!!
I was told frame sliders, steering damper, um I could put different turn signals in the front instead of those huge ones, um get that big black plastic thing takin off in the back where the plate goes, chrome windscreen and im looking for blue and black GSX-R hand grips! Now I know this is a lot but im confused when it comes to mods! HELP

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
hey, check oh kneedraggers.com best place for shit.

Actually, I know a guy in NC, its a little shop that sells on ebay, the place is called SunDance Racing. Pretty much, this is where i've gotten most of my stuff from cause he hooks me up, he's most of the time, if not always beaten out any price I can find, even if not i'll still buy from him cause he's hooked me up so much. Just a small shop selling on ebay and they aren't looking to make huge ass profits. Give em a call and get some prices, i'm sure they can hook you up. Ask for Alan and tell them Gerard sent ya.

SunDance Racing: (866)546-7223

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
I'd def get frame sliders, those don't go for much, maybe 50-100 depending which you buy. Me, I just got regular black ones for around 50 bucks.

Not sure about the newer gsxr, but on mine, on the left side, depending which frame slider you had to cut a hole in your fairing to make the slider fit, or you can buy the ones with the base, like the ones I bought but I heard they break off. Still didn't wanna cut a hole in my fairing.

But yea, there are some flush turn signals that don't pop out and are inside like side markers on a car. Have you also looked into an undertail or fender eliminator kit?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BallHawk3 said:
hey, check oh kneedraggers.com best place for shit.

Actually, I know a guy in NC, its a little shop that sells on ebay, the place is called SunDance Racing. Pretty much, this is where i've gotten most of my stuff from cause he hooks me up, he's most of the time, if not always beaten out any price I can find, even if not i'll still buy from him cause he's hooked me up so much. Just a small shop selling on ebay and they aren't looking to make huge ass profits. Give em a call and get some prices, i'm sure they can hook you up. Ask for Alan and tell them Gerard sent ya.

SunDance Racing: (866)546-7223
thank you ballhawk! your always helpful

1 - 20 of 42 Posts