Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to start this thread...

I have an 04 750 and I'm debating on changing the exhaust... So far got it narrowed down to Akrapovich, Micron, Yosh, and Ti-Force. I have heard good things about J-Force but cannot find them...

Any opinions on the above and what benefits do you get if you get a complete exhaust vs bolt on/slip on? Is a PCIII really needed?

Hmmm... :eek: What to do... WHat to do.... :eek:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I think the Akrapovic's are sick and sound awesome. If you are looking for the most power then the PCIII is needed, IF you just want sound difference, then no its not.

·
Registered
67 Posts
alot of this depends on the money you want to spend

todays bike a getting harder to tune via bolt on parts

just get a slip on, PC, and a filter...then drop a tooth off the front sprocket...that should do ya! :cool:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sport Bike Mag.

Look at this month sport rider they have a huge section on exhaust. They try a bunch of differnt pipes on the same bike R6 I think. Not a Gixxer but will give you something to think about.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I prefer Hindle, but I have a Micron on mines Highmount Its not really going to make a diffrence in which one you get because your not actually out at track days. Now if you had say a old old bike and then you put a full exhaust on it then you can actually tell the diffrence in power and all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to be more in favor of the Akra system... Now which one? Supersport, racing or evolution?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
that depends on how much you wanna spend and what your looking for, performance wise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm... Don't know if the doubling of cost is worth 7 hp... maybe a slip on? Is it true that the complete system would only benefit the rider at WOT in the upper RPM range?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
a slip on is usually supposed to give you 5hp and a full system is gonna be about 10hp, if not more. So if your not looking to get as much HP as possible then just go with the slip on.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I say ti-force bolt on only. b/c the majority of your restriction is in the muffler. and if you got the $$$$ go ahead with pcIII.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i'm still a muzzy man....titanium heads, carbon can $1,199.99 and a PCIII, zooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!, but get what u like and can afford, i just like muzzy b/c i have yet to see a gixxer in the new orleans metro area w/ one , they all got the same stuff as everybody else...i just like to be different. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts