Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to replace my Racer High Racer gloves due to a low side that caused some finger thread separation. I decided to spring for the black GP Techs as found them online for $239 shipped. I received them sept 10th and started wearing them around the house. Rode in them for the 6th time today so they still aren't broken in. My friend was looking at them for the first time and finds a stitch has come loose. Left hand, finger stitch come loose. You gotta be kidding me..... top of the line gloves coming apart before break in?!?! Seems like China has forced the quality of the world to lessen for the sake of profit.

I'm really disappointed as I thought these high priced gloves were worth the $$...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where online did you buy them?
Champion Helmets its in Europe. I've bought plenty of gear from this place so I know it's legitimate... Just haven't had to deal with anything like this yet....we'll see what happens.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,700 Posts
There have been problems with A*stars knockoffs, though I think there have been quality problems with the legit ones too. I have GP Tech right now and really like them. Hoping they hold up.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There have been problems with A*stars knockoffs, though I think there have been quality problems with the legit ones too. I have GP Tech right now and really like them. Hoping they hold up.
These are definitely real, this is the 2nd pair I bought from the same place. First pair my boy has been wearing for a year bc they were too big and they are fine.....figures right! I have been instructed to deal directly with A Stars as they will replace within 12 months of purchase..will update.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I really screwed this up LOL. I stand corrected I misread the hell outa your post. :wink
All good mang. Either way heres the latest. The dealer in Netherlands wants me to ship him back the gloves so he can send them to AStars. This is the problem with trying to save $100 buying from Europe. Astars USA won't play ball, but I should not have to pay a dime to fix this!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I LOVED my A* gloves, so I bought another pair. Sad to say, I am not nearly as happy this go around. I bought a more "street" glove that's suppose to be even more comfy, and they are less comfortable than my more race gloves. I can feel the seams inside the left hand index finger terribly. They just don't fit well and I have them broken in at this point.

Very disappointed with A* at this point.....

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I got some A* gloves as a gift. They didn't fit - way too tight so I took them back and the next size up was way too loose. Ended up selecting a pair of dainese gauntlet gloves. They fit perfectly. Lesson is go to a shop and try on gloves of several brands till you find one that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think my next gloves will be Heroic.
Heroic is right near me...their gloves are awesome and I'm pissed you mentioned this bc I should have bought those!!!

I LOVED my A* gloves, so I bought another pair. Sad to say, I am not nearly as happy this go around. I bought a more "street" glove that's suppose to be even more comfy, and they are less comfortable than my more race gloves. I can feel the seams inside the left hand index finger terribly. They just don't fit well and I have them broken in at this point.

Very disappointed with A* at this point.....
Now made in China....
I got some A* gloves as a gift. They didn't fit - way too tight so I took them back and the next size up was way too loose. Ended up selecting a pair of dainese gauntlet gloves. They fit perfectly. Lesson is go to a shop and try on gloves of several brands till you find one that works for you.

I knew these would fit just didn't think they'd start coming apart after a month!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Heroic is right near me...their gloves are awesome and I'm pissed you mentioned this bc I should have bought those!!!

Now made in China....

I knew these would fit just didn't think they'd start coming apart after a month!

If they start coming apart after a month, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if you come off the bike. Not good at all.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If they start coming apart after a month, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if you come off the bike. Not good at all.

Yes you're correct. I took the GP tech gloves to the guy who is fixing my racer gloves and he said how the Astars gloves seem to have cotton thread used as finger stitching...he can't believe they would do something so stupid, he rides himself and owns a pair of GP plus gloves that are 6 yrs old. I am trying to return these $300 cheaply made gloves now bc I'm disgusted!

Buyer beware: Alpinestars is just a name now....I heard this but now have truly experienced it first hand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can't complain about my A* gear. Went down at the track-90mph low side and my GP plus gloves held up well as did my Atem suit. I believe my gear saved my 50 year old ass! I think you got a bad quality batch-disappointing because they don't give this stuff away!!

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My GP plus gloves have been great. Few years old now and crash tested with no issues so far.
Can't complain about my A* gear. Went down at the track-90mph low side and my GP plus gloves held up well as did my Atem suit. I believe my gear saved my 50 year old ass! I think you got a bad quality batch-disappointing because they don't give this stuff away!!

We'll see what happens from here..sent them back to Astars last week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts