Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Pearl Jam would have never existed without Mother Love Bone... Can't leave out Mudhoney, and Screaming Trees either. A LOT of great music came out of Seattle in the 90's...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh fo sho.
We would almost need another thread to cover the 90s.
Awesome decade for music.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Some great bands here.

Just chatting to mrs Oz about it - we were listing great bands and then went, “er, Poms” or “er, Aussie” etc.

Surprised no one mentioned Bon Jovi.

CCR and CSNY definitely up there for me. And Skynnerd and Zz Top. Grew up listening to all that. Very loudly.
I did think about Bon Jovi. Definitely the full American brand but was a solo act. I have hheard him referred to as the hardest working musician in the world. Apparently doing more than 100 shows a year for years. Not a huge fan of the music myself but have a great deal of respect.

I’m waiting for Tin to start the British rock best of . That will be interesting.😁
To be honest when we actually went into a second page on this thread I did think that. I also wondered how much traction a thread on Canadian rock would get. I may do them both now. It would be interesting to see how much of the Canadian music I took for granted as a hit actually got noticed and appreciated elsewhere. The British thread will be a shit show, there is so much there.

Reactions: Jimmy boy

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Pearl Jam would have never existed without Mother Love Bone... Can't leave out Mudhoney, and Screaming Trees either. A LOT of great music came out of Seattle in the 90's...
Screaming Trees! Most excellent. True, they all showed Darth Vedder the dark art of grunge but he was instrumental in taking it past a regional quirky groove to a whole new genre. These bands only really came to light on the world stage after Nirvana and PJ mentioned them in interviews. I would assert Neil Young was the grandfather of grunge. I wonder if he ever said "Eddie, I am your faathaaa."

What no stone temple pilots with that mix ?
Good point, Audioslave as well. Velvet Revolver.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Oh yeah.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No love for Michael Jackson? Solo artist to be honest but the music was there.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
OK. Jimmy is right. There is more interest than I figured it was gonna get I will continue the series with Britain. I need to have a beer or two with my head phones on to pick one but the gauntlet will be dropped.

Canada and Australia need to be discussed too then perhaps a Musical World War thread. Best female in rock? Lots of ways to waste internet here

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I understand about Mr. Jackson. I agree, but there are a few songs that were good whether I want to admit it or not. Billie Jean, Beat It, and even Bad were good songs and his influence can't be ignored.

Yeah Led Zeppelin may be mentioned but honestly it is too easy and my second favourite band. Same with Floyd, Stones and Beatles. Not sure how to set this one up.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
There's no arguing the greatest British band... Pink Floyd, hands down. Even if you aren't a fan, no other band has accomplished what they have. You can argue the Stones have been around just as long, but Floyd has the biggest fan base from across all genres of music lovers.
Hell Darkside of the moon is certified 14x platinum, and charted for 950 weeks ! ! !

There, the british thread has been done, LOL...

·
Registered
287 Posts
There's no arguing the greatest British band... Pink Floyd, hands down. Even if you aren't a fan, no other band has accomplished what they have. You can argue the Stones have been around just as long, but Floyd has the biggest fan base from across all genres of music lovers.
Hell Darkside of the moon is certified 14x platinum, and charted for 950 weeks ! ! !

There, the british thread has been done, LOL...
“Crazy Diamond “ is one of my all time favs

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hey. No British till I say go! I am currently a six pack deep into my research. I will have something out in a new thread shortly.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Gall darn it WB! I said no British! I just posted the new thread...plead your case over there.

Reactions: Winchester Boy

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
That was a great era. Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood was in The Birds at the time. You mentioned the Animals. There was Cream, The Yard Birds, Ten Years After, all putting out great music.

EDIT: Ignore this....I have no idea what I am doing. I was still in British mode...

41 - 60 of 73 Posts