Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK BITCHES!!! i got it, you asses never said there are 4 wires on the connector for the '04+ :2hard

anyways, i took pics....coming soon...also, it came out c23 (TOS)....now where the hell is this damn thing??? i cant find the fucker anywhere... :headscrat

can i just smack her around a bit???

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK found that too....now another issue...its makign a rattling noise inside of it, but its sealed and has no screws like the oder models so i guess i just pry it open????

oh BTW, its the little white, 3 prong connector/plug held on by a rubber mount in front of the battery tray...

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuck yes :fu:

hahaha, BTW i got the fucker open and its NOWHERE near the one posted on that other site...this one is a half plastic, half magnetic piece on a little micro-chip :headscrat ...looks fucking crazy as fuck...gonna have to figure out how its supposed to be positioned so i can super glue that bitch...oh, and it seems like its draining the shit out of my battery too now... :2hard

pics will be up tomorrow and i'll put up one complete thread and have the mods delete these, i'm BEAT

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
what the hell are you rambling about?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Tip over switch...... hold it perfectly horizontal and the little contact (thing that rattles) should be at the bottom making contact with nothing. when it falls over it will swing one way or the other, and close a connection to trip the ECM off.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
would it be ok to super glue that contact piece where the pivot point is at?? the glue wont be touching any connections, just the little arm that extends through the microchip...and the edges of the hole it goes through...if i can do this, it'd be a permanent fix :thumbup:

OR, could i insert it on the through the other side of the chip (there are 0 contact points on the back, its blank) so that the contact would never touch anything :hmmm:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here we go...pics n all....

this is the plug for '04+ models, note how it has 4 wires, not 2...i was looking for a 2-wire connector the whole time (thanks for the heads-up jackasses) hahaha

i'm not sure what the other 2 wires are for, but you still only need to "jump" the white/red wire and the black/white wire

here's the plug with the paper clip inserted to close the "loop"

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

here's the read-out on the dash...notice how my TPS is also too high (its the dash-mark just to the left of the code)

and here's the newer style tip over switch....POS is what it SHOULD be called...fucking unecessary crap

sorry for the blurry pics, my camera sucks...BUT it gives everyone a general idea of how to go to dealer mode on a newer model, as well as covers the whole TOS issue.

if i have time this weekend i'll take better pics and make a very organized thread so we can get it sticky'd in the forum

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
so did you fix it or not?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not yet, i'm not sure if i should glue it or what...i wanna use testor's plastic model glue.

i'm also not sure how to reset the ECM

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok fixed it...no more FI light, but now my battery is dead.....too many tries at starting her with no luck sucked the juice out :twofinger

now i'm gonna take it out again and glue that shit

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok TOS has been testor'ized and works great!!!...no more swaying back n forth..battery is in getting charged, i pick it up tomorrow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.