Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving work and i hit a few bumps in a intersection while in first gear.. all of a sudden i started grinding in first gear as i would hit the throttle. wouldnt do it when i sifted to 2nd..... i took the cover off to see if maybe chain had come off... everything looked fine and it would only do it while in first gear and applying the throttle...no problems if i just spun the tire by hand... now i have no clutch pressure...any ideas on what happen... this is my only mode of transportation so really wanna get this fixed fast...

thanks

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
i think maybe the noise you heard was the clutch slipping, not first gear. check how much hydraulic fluid you have in the reservoir, may need to bleed and readjust the clutch...imo

·
Registered
612 Posts
I take it you don't know what is too loose for the chain. Downloading the manual will help you a lot. If you have been hitting it hard with the bike maybe you blew a clutch plate. I imagine you have already read how to work on the clutch and found out what the problem is. Is the grinding at or near a certain rpm when in first. I'm also imagining you take first into higher rpms than the other gears. Craftsman is the name of the tools and buying them is your only option if you don't want to just have the bike repair guys do it. You could just take the bike by the dealer and ask for a quote:D Then maybe they'll be answering you for what the problem is after a test ride or just tearing it down. Any foriegn chips in the oil? You have a good excuse for changing the oil to get a clue of if you have metal parts of the gears of fiber parts of the clutch flaoting around after loosing it. Your chain is like 1 inc up and down and king of like 2 inches total play. Something like that. It's in the easy to download service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.