Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of glue do I use for replacing grips? price is not the issue I want quality. I don't want to twist my wrist and get nothing because the glue did not hold.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i recently replaced my grips, but it didn't need any glue, they are so tight that it's not necessary, it even said on the instruction orders in big letters DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF GLUE:thumbup:

i used an air compressor to blow some high pressure air in the grip, then it extends a bit and you can glide it over the handle bar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You know out of all the bikes I have owned, I have never used grip glue, except for maybe a dirbike but nothing in the street scene. I have always hooked a air hose up and blew it up a little to get it on the bars and yank the hose out and its worked just fine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just installed a set of grips on my 08 1K. I cleaned all of the old residual glue from the clip-ons and then used rubbing alcohol to install them. I let them dry for about two days and they don't move at all.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've always used hair spray....just spray a bunch of that shit on there, slide them on and let them sit over night....never had a problem with it.. If you live with a girl, it makes it a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I've always used hair spray....just spray a bunch of that shit on there, slide them on and let them sit over night....never had a problem with it.. If you live with a girl, it makes it a lot easier.
+3
Hairspray is all I've ever used. Grips slip right on and tack up quickly. Never had one come loose.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i use spray paint not glue but really not needed u have bar ends that hold it i am just from motorcross so i like to know there not coming off just my .02
+1 on the spray paint when rode quads the only thing that would hold up through water and washings was spray paint....i used clear coat

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds good I think I will go with the glue so far sounds good see i replaced my tube with an r1 tube and just need to swap the grip i don't like the r1 grip so I will try the glue thanks.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Hair spray AND two loops of safety wire and the grip will not move...period.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Ok so what is saftey wire do you have link or know were i can get it I think I know what your talking about but just tell me so I am sure.
Safety wire is basically a thin, flexible wire that used with special pliers you can secure just about anything if done correctly. Trust me, there is a techinque to safety wiring and without a tiny bit of coaching it can be very very frustrating. Most of the critical nuts/bolts on all my bikes are safety wired (oil pan drain, axels, pinch bolts, radiator cap, oil cooler bolts, exhaust hanger bolts, grips, rearsets, some hose clamps, caliper bolts, banjo bolts). When the bolts/nuts are drilled out correctly and you safety wire from the correct direction, it's basically impossible for a bolt/nut to back out unless your wire snaps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.