Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Grip replacement

3K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  chadlong13 
#1 ·
What kind of glue do I use for replacing grips? price is not the issue I want quality. I don't want to twist my wrist and get nothing because the glue did not hold.

#3 ·
i recently replaced my grips, but it didn't need any glue, they are so tight that it's not necessary, it even said on the instruction orders in big letters DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF GLUE:thumbup:

i used an air compressor to blow some high pressure air in the grip, then it extends a bit and you can glide it over the handle bar.

#13 ·
+3
Hairspray is all I've ever used. Grips slip right on and tack up quickly. Never had one come loose.

#18 ·
Hair spray AND two loops of safety wire and the grip will not move...period.

#24 ·
Those are the pliers but I would use safety wire that is kind of specific for motorcycle applications. I have a large spool of wire by Motoboss and it's by far the most flexible wire that I've used. Some of my friends will even look for me in the paddocks to borrow a foot or two when they need it and forget theirs. I've probably had the same spool for 5 years or more now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.