Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I order a swingarm off ebay and in the auction it states that its in exellent condition.. well it arrives today and the right spool mount is rashed up and you cant even mount up a spool cause its rashed up. Scratches on the left and right side of the swing arm.. I dropped 250 on this thing and was pretty pissed off when I got it out of the box!! Hell the one I have on my gixxer now has been in a lowside and didnt sustain any of the rash that this one has on it and it doesnt even have a scratch on it... The only thing I reason I wanted to replace the swing arm all together is cause the racespool mount is bent a bit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
may be a syupid question but can you get your money back? never got anything from ebay so had to ask :headscrat

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
an add on...

i paid for some crx parts before i went on vacation and i still have not recieved my part and the dude has not responded to my emails...

feedback lately (after my auction) from people states he taking forever to shipp... but still its been nearly a month i think... i hate when people don't respond

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
FYI

Search Help
tips

Buyer Protection on eBay

eBay pledges to work with our community members to ensure a safe trading environment. Most issues can usually be resolved through communicating directly with the other eBay members involved. eBay recommends the following steps:

1) Initial Steps For Buyer:
Step Explanation Time Frame
1. Call your Seller Request your seller's contact information and give him or her a phone call. Many issues are just simple misunderstandings that can be resolved with a single phone call. First 15 days after the listing ends
2. Report suspicious activity. Notify eBay in the following cases:
You paid but received a significantly misrepresented item.

You paid but did not receive the item.

If the issue remains unresolved after calling the seller and then seeking outside resolution, here are some additional steps eBay offers to assist buyers:
Any time
3. Try dispute resolution through a third party. Try FREE online dispute resolution through SquareTrade. First 30 days after the listing ends
4. Contact your payment provider. A. If you paid with PayPal, your item may have enhanced protection through PayPal Buyer Protection.
B. Credit Card Service: If you did not use PayPal, but used your credit card, contact your credit card firm - most issuers provide 100% online protection. First 30 days after the listing ends

2) Using eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program
If you've followed the above steps and have not been able to resolve the issue, you may be entitled to partial reimbursement through our Buyer Protection Program.

Step Explanation Time Frame
1. File a fraud alert. The eBay standard purchase protection program provides partial reimbursement for losses resulting from non-delivery or misrepresentation of most items up to $200 (minus $25 processing cost). Learn more.

Filing a fraud alert is the initial step toward potential reimbursement through the program.

File a fraud alert now, to initiate a buyer protection claim. Between 30 and 60 days after the listing ends
2. File a protection claim. Once the fraud alert you have filed is processed, you'll be given instructions to file a protection claim.

Note:
You must file a claim with your credit card issuer prior to filing a claim with eBay (if applicable).
After filing a fraud alert, but within 90 days of the end of the listing.

Note: In order to be eligible for reimbursement through eBay, you must submit a claim postmarked within 90 days of the end of the listing.

Additional Resources:
In some situations you may want to contact law enforcement to report suspicious activity. To do so, you can file a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center or visit the Federal Trade Commission's Web site. You may also want to contact a law enforcement agency in your location or the seller's location.

Related Help topics
Safe Trading: Overview
Buyer Protection on eBay: Overview
Credit Card Protection
Sending Payments
Fraud Alert

·
Registered
532 Posts
sorry to hear about that, hope you can get something worked out. I havent had a problem on ebay yet, but I only buy from people with alot of positive feedback.

·
Registered
600 Posts
contact the seller. Then contact paypal or your credit card company. Say that the seller clearly mis guided you ont he condition of the part, which can also be considered Fraudulent. I got shafted on a nose i bought. Guy told me that since the part is 8 years old a little rash and some cracked plastic was great condition for how old it is. I simply told the guy he can go f- him self and contacted paypal. Still working on it but ive learned my lessons. Ask for close up pictures of all angles when i buy anything over $100 or make sure the seller has the buyer protection plan.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I got ahold of them this morning.. They said we have 3 options to go by..

1) have me re powdercoat the swingarm and they will pay for it.
I didnt choose this one cause it still wouldnt take care of the problem with the mounting bracket for the Left side race spool.

2) Ship it back and if they have one in stock they will send me one in better condition.

3) Refund my cash

I figured I would give them another chance and go with number 2 for now. If they dont have another one I will have them just pay me back for the item.

·
Registered
600 Posts
go with option two, just tell them to take pictures of ANY blemishes. meaning ALL blemishes, then you decide. Better that way so neither party has to lose on shipping

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
I won a fairing the upper one from this company and the fairing was broken about time they got it to me. They claimed ups did it so I had to file a claim with them... That was in april of this year... I only recently right before I went on my check received my refund and I was out for the 35 I paided to send the fairing back to the company.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I bought my undertail on E-bay, it took some time but in the end it worked out. The colormatch was off and it may not have been the right one. I shipped it back but on its way to Canada it got stuck somewhere for a month, I was about to file an insurance claim on it till the vendor contacted me. Then I have it installed and both LED turn signals broke, I installed different ones and it's been good since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts