Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:) Hello !

I have just brought a GSX-R 400 ( 1987 )

But afterwards I have discovered that this bike is a rare one....

I have been trying hard to find parts and facts and information about it, but with almost none luck what so ever...

PLEASE HELP !!!

The only thing I have found out on a few different places on the web is that it seems to have big troubles with its carburetors...

This bike have some sort of typicaly 2 * doubble port AISAN carburettors.

* Hard starting when warm
* Will not run smoth when warm
* Will not rev to max rpm's when warm
* And the list goes on and on....

The voltage regulator also seems to be a weak point

Maybee someone here have som input on this one ???

Any help and information would be great !

- - - - - - - -

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
did you see the other post in the new riders section that you made? i have a friend in denmark that may be able to help you on your parts quest.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
I am moving this to the tech section.

DO NOT POST IT ANYWHERE ELSE AGAIN or I will delete is again

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you ever want to get rid of the bike let me know i'll take it off your hands for you.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
That bike appears to have been made primarily for the Japanese market where there are horsepower and size class restrictions. I suspect with gas prices the way they are now, we will see more bikes like that here in the U.S.

Right now the only thing that comes close here is a GS500 (or a Ninja 250.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mister Tee said:
That bike appears to have been made primarily for the Japanese market where there are horsepower and size class restrictions.
As far as I know this bike was sold in at least this countries :

* Japan
* Sweden
* Danmark
* Great Britain
* Germany
* New Zeeland

and probably some moore European countries and Australia :headscrat

I also have been able to locate some bikes in :

* Pakistan
* Russia
* Venezuela

But I do not know if they were really sold there.... :headscrat

What do your gas cost ?

:D I can promise we have higher Gas prices.... :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rayray said:
If you ever want to get rid of the bike let me know.
I'll take it off your hands for you.
Hmmmm.......

You live in the USA....
...I live in SWEDEN !

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you want to know the GK71F?

Anyone having some information regarding this bike ?

I have one of these GK71's. If you still have it and want to know anything, fire away.
I am a qualified and experienced motorcycle engineer. I know grey imports inside out and they are easy to work on.

There were 500 sold officially in the UK (the version with the one-piece fairing lowers - GSX400R-R3C).

Forget the ignorance expressed about the Japanese Home Market. I know the truth!

(Homologated for the Isle of Man TT in 1986)

·
Registered
1 Posts
greyrider, hi i have an 86 gk71f not running at the mo, reg went and had 19v running through the battery, got new reg but have no spark, i'm told it could be the coil pack or cdi unit! anyway to tell? plus i don't suppose you might know of a manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I have the manual's. What language do you want it in? I translate Japanese into any language but not double-dutch like you find on that auction site for rip-off prices.
Did you check your fuses? Pick-Up Coils! There are two of these, if you have a faulty one and a good one, the faulty one takes the good one down with it.
I can only see a faulty reg/rec frying the battery but not much else. Are you any good with a multi-meter?
I can give you the readings you need and create you a manual in paper if you still want one.
I am launching a new website soon with a whole host of goodies available worldwide to the discerning grey import market.
Anyway, I am here to help and not to plug my wares and why-for's!

·
Registered
1 Posts
About the GSXR 400 (GK71F) do some one knows what the light with japanes text on the instumenpanel is used for?
its the light next to highbeam!

tanx for reply

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I do not know what you mean by that ! :wtf: :wtf:

It means he likes the bike:thumbup: I have an '83 RG250 and I found the dealership was actually very helpful in finding me parts. They have a book that shows parts from other bikes that will fit. Some GS parts fit. Good luck getting it running right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Lasse

I have a GSX400x with the same problems then yourse.
* Hard starting when warm
* Will not run smoth when warm
* Will not rev to max rpm's when warm
* And the list goes on and on....
I solved the problem? What was the solution?
Already have the manuals? You can send me by email

regards
play1

·
Lifetime Newb
1,033 Posts
The OP hasn't posted since 2006, so he may not even have his bike anymore.
guess that's why the attachments don't work then... I was getting ready to throw my computer because it's been acting stupid all day :shifty

Stupid macbook's

·
Registered
3 Posts
gsxr400 gk71f,

Yeah, I have the manual's. What language do you want it in? I translate Japanese into any language but not double-dutch like you find on that auction site for rip-off prices.
Did you check your fuses? Pick-Up Coils! There are two of these, if you have a faulty one and a good one, the faulty one takes the good one down with it.
I can only see a faulty reg/rec frying the battery but not much else. Are you any good with a multi-meter?
I can give you the readings you need and create you a manual in paper if you still want one.
I am launching a new website soon with a whole host of goodies available worldwide to the discerning grey import market.
Anyway, I am here to help and not to plug my wares and why-for's!
Hi greyrider i've got a gsxr400 gk71f & I could do with help in getting a manual & or info on this bike.mine has the rectangular head light,1986 but i've been told the 87 with twin head lights is pretty much the same machine with the exception of a face lift.I hope to hear from you so i can give my bike the correct servicing .My e-mail is [email protected]cheers mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts