1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
500 Posts
That article offers no facts, mere speculation.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yes and no, I didn't notice things happening/not happening until I read an article, though it's not written in plain sight the signs are there.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I hope it's a hiatus and not a permanent RIP deal...at least keep the 600. Kawi and Yamaha made EU compliant 600s so Suzuki should follow suit. The WSS grid is seriously depleted of GSXRs, a new one would probably change that and could ultimately boost sales if the bike wins.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Yep, I read that too. Decided to not take the chance and (this week) bought a new 2018 750 in blue. She was removed from her crate & assembled Wed Feb 13th and picked up from the dealer Feb 15th (2019). Currently has 38 miles on the odometer but that will be changing shortly while I run her through the break-in procedure!

(& don't know why the forum app turned the pic sideways)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Yep, I read that too. Decided to not take the chance and (this week) bought a new 2018 750 in blue. She was removed from her crate & assembled Wed Feb 13th and picked up from the dealer Feb 15th (2019). Currently has 38 miles on the odometer but that will be changing shortly while I run her through the break-in procedure!

(& don't know why the forum app turned the pic sideways)
Nice!

One one side there is so few parts different between the 600 and 750 it would make sense that Suzuki continue it. On the minus side is the cost of certifying a separate model for sale with all the governmental BS and poor sales numbers of sportbikes in general. I can see it going either way.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'd never buy a 750 until they refresh it. Why spend twice the money for the exact same bike? This is why Suzuki is laughed at, because even their newest bike was only competitive with the last round of models, and their 600 is a joke because it's so old.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I'd never buy a 750 until they refresh it. Why spend twice the money for the exact same bike? This is why Suzuki is laughed at, because even their newest bike was only competitive with the last round of models, and their 600 is a joke because it's so old.
Well, at my age one needs to make an attempt recognize their limitations and the 750 is more than adequate and then some. MSRP is $12,399 but I got it for $9,595 so I'm happy as a squid that hasn't road-rashed to the hospital yet.

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Well, at my age one needs to make an attempt recognize their limitations and the 750 is more than adequate and then some. MSRP is $12,399 but I got it for $9,595 so I'm happy as a squid that hasn't road-rashed to the hospital yet.
Ignore the peanut gallery, the 750 is a great bike. That wonderful balance of weight, power and handling. That sounds like a very good deal.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I love my 750. Exactly what John said. Perfect balance of all the good stuff... The newer ones seem to be a little lacking in power compared to the older generations, but still great bikes...

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you're not racing professionally, I think it's a little ridiculous to state the GSXR600 is a joke or that the 750 needs to be updated blah blah blah. These bikes are still amazing, and there is no way in hell I will ever see the full potential of what my bike can do because I don't race. It goes so much faster than I need it to and than I'm legally allowed to. It's quick, it's comfortable, it's sexy, and I love it. I can't see myself getting rid of it, no matter how many times my practical brain tells me I should.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
If you're not racing professionally, I think it's a little ridiculous to state the GSXR600 is a joke or that the 750 needs to be updated blah blah blah. These bikes are still amazing, and there is no way in hell I will ever see the full potential of what my bike can do because I don't race. It goes so much faster than I need it to and than I'm legally allowed to. It's quick, it's comfortable, it's sexy, and I love it. I can't see myself getting rid of it, no matter how many times my practical brain tells me I should.
Ruenin needs to get depressed about his bike and GIVE it to me! :grin

For track days, they're all fun as hell and damn near bullet proof. :wink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts