Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The sub-forum says “Builders Corner”. So a posting concerning a 1/12 scale model kit of a GSX-R 750 is allowed too? 😁

Anyhow, I recently bought the Hasegawa 1/12 scale model kit of the 1986 blue-white GSX-R 750.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

The instructions say to use plain white for the blue-white paint scheme. I seem to remember that the white on this bike was a pearl-metallic white, however?

Does anyone know which type of white was used on the real bike?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Erik.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha, okay. But at the moment I’m still working on the Fujimi 1/12 Yoshimura-Suzuki GSX-R 750 from the 1986 Suzuka 8-hours…
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive fuel system

I’ll open a topic on the Yoshi-GSX-R in the coming days. At the moment I’m finishing the frame and rear fork.

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Well damn it. I don't need another hobby right now. Curses.

Off the top of my head the white on the '89 had the word Arctic in it. It was a pearl paint. Let me dig around a bit. I think the owners manual would have the color codes.

Reactions: One-Oh-Four

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well damn it. I don't need another hobby right now. Curses.

Off the top of my head the white on the '89 had the word Arctic in it. It was a pearl paint. Let me dig around a bit. I think the owners manual would have the color codes.
Thanks! My doubt comes from the fact that the 1984 GSX 550ES that I owned had a pearly metallic white in it's blue-white color scheme. OTOH, the blue was metallic too..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

The sub-forum says “Builders Corner”. So a posting concerning a 1/12 scale model kit of a GSX-R 750 is allowed too? 😁

Anyhow, I recently bought the Hasegawa 1/12 scale model kit of the 1986 blue-white GSX-R 750.

View attachment 297011

The instructions say to use plain white for the blue-white paint scheme. I seem to remember that the white on this bike was a pearl-metallic white, however?

Does anyone know which type of white was used on the real bike?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Erik.
Here are the color swatches that my painter used on my 1986 GSXR-750G model. Btw, I also have the same 1:12 scale model, very cool but I have not started it yet. The paint used was made by PPG in 2018.

Rectangle Art Gas Tints and shades Wood

Font Handwriting Rectangle Paper Document

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ccolom! As far as I can see from your material the white is straight white, non-metallic, non-pearly?

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Reactions: One-Oh-Four
1 - 12 of 12 Posts