Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hmmm: in this site is the gsx1300R "hayabusa" considered a true gsx-R by the congregation just in here? suzuki says it is.. 4cylinders , liquid cooled , basically same frame , you can swap out the wheels on a busa with as old as a 1996gixr750 let alone 75% of other parts..you can even drop a busa motor in a 1998gixr750...suzuki people say if you wont call it a brother you at least have to call it a cousin...i really want honest opinions from the gsx-R community thx 4 ya time

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah i'm kinda with limbo on this one, it's hella fast, but then again it is just too diff. for me to cosider it a gsxr, so i'm gonna go with no, not a gsxr but still a bad ass suzuki. :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I don't consider it in the GSX-R family because they are for 2 totally different applications. and the other 3 gsxr's are all for the same and almost always identical parts. the busa is more of a Touring/Drag Racing bike and the is a Supersport road racing bike. But it is still a suzuki in the GSX family. If they wanted it in the GSXR family they would have made it a GSX-R1300, not a GSX1300R. Two Totally different bikes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the busa is a gsxr. Hell the busa can take curners granted not as good as a 600 750 or a 1000 but it can still take them. hell if the blackbird is a cbr and the zx-12 is a ninja then the busa is a GSXR. It is just a gsxr that competes on a different type of race like the drag strip or for long road trips.

·
Registered
543 Posts
YEAH BUT THE R IS FOR RACING, AND WE'LL NEVER SEE A BUSA TRACK, BUT HEY IT'S ALL ANYONES OPINION, I MEAN IT'S THERE MONEY RIGHT...LATER BROS.....krum

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
If they meant it to be a GSXR then it would say GSXR on it, It doesn't simple as that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In the Suzuki literature the 'busa is in a different book than the GSXR. So evidently Suzuki doesn't think of them in the same class.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am going to have to agree with Ski. The one thing I noticed first thing with the Busa is the weight. You can get on a 600, 750 and the 1000 and they all feel just about the same between your legs. You get on a Busa and it takes effort to stand it up. Next thing I noticed was that in the turns the Busa won't handle like a "true" GSXR. I have no problem taking a Busa in the turns. It is the straights where it gets me. But none the less the Busa is a great bike for going straight.....FAST.

·
Registered
217 Posts
a busa will go around corners very well. in fact i used one for 9 trackdays last year and was as fast as anyone in my group anywhere on the track. now i was working alot harder to make those corners than someone on a 600 but it was still fun. the only reason i stopped riding it on the track was i bought my 03 1k for trackdays this year and racing next year. yes th e1k is faster around most tracks than my busa was or will be in my hands but they do go around corners. the pic in this group is from VIR south course , the oaktree turn.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would say its int he same family, but then agian if we say that we gotta let the gsx katana in too.... ugh :headscrat :damn: :drunk:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Busa Gixxer

It says GSX1300R on it? its like a fat fast gixxer to go touring on? is got too be a gixxer but a Katana is also a GSX but there is no R on it and thats no gixxer!!!! i would say a Busa is a GSXR plus what suzuki fan wouldnt want to say ther brand of bike GSXR or GSX1300R is still the KING OF TOP SPEED i think the [email protected]#$ thing is great

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
kneedragger said:
the busa is a gsxr. Hell the busa can take curners granted not as good as a 600 750 or a 1000 but it can still take them. hell if the blackbird is a cbr and the zx-12 is a ninja then the busa is a GSXR. It is just a gsxr that competes on a different type of race like the drag strip or for long road trips.
I think you're off the mark on the one. First of all, why wouldn't the zx-12r NOT be a ninja? The only thing that seperates it from the zx-6r is 600 more cc's. The name is the same.

And the blackbird is a suffix. It's the honda CBR 1100xx Blackbird. Who says that it's not a cbr? Just like the 954rr FIREBLADE, blackbird is just a name for the bike.

If suzuki wanted the hayabusa to be seen as just another gsxr don't you think they would have called it the gsxr1300 Hayabusa?
I think the R in gsx-R is for racing, and by ommitting that or seperating it it means the bike isn't a "race" bike. Both Katana's and Busa's are GSX something's, and both are sport tourers.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
richjixer said:
there is busa racing they have a class of their own in drag racing

Yeah, Its called "tanks enter here". :laughingr

1 - 20 of 24 Posts