Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a brand new 2009 GSX-R750 owner, I have two somewhat paranoia-related questions:

1) I have read the Suzuki official "break-in" docs in the manual (which are extremely vague), searched this forum, etc. ... these appear to be at complete odds with the "recommended shifting" table in the manual, which appears to be complete nonsense:
gear 1 -> 2 : 12 mph
gear 2 -> 3 : 19 mph
gear 3 -> 4 : 24 mph (or close) ...,.
gear 5 -> 6: 37 mph

with this table, you are shifting again before you even let out the clutch, and that's taking it somewhat easy on the throttle.

question 1: can I assume this table is in fact the *minimum* speed for a shift, not the recommended speed - i.e. I will ignore it? Instead, I intend to vary the rpm as much as possible between 0-7500 rpm for the first 600 miles, with no full option throttle.

2) My last inline 4 ran smooth as silk - ... my gsk vibrates so much at highway speeds, the mirrors are next to useless (at least 5 discrete vibration mode points exist, rendering 5 images of a car in my mirror for every one car on the road...)... and my carpal tunnel is acting up.

question 2: is buzzing expected on the 2009 R750 models? I sure hope I find a way to reduce this...

A new poster,
-Solas

·
Registered
596 Posts
My good man this question is close to my heart as I own the 08 750. I dont have my owners manual on me so i cant comment about the speed but that sounds weird but i havent experince any excessive vibration at any time.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
As a brand new 2009 GSX-R750 owner, I have two somewhat paranoia-related questions:

1) I have read the Suzuki official "break-in" docs in the manual (which are extremely vague), searched this forum, etc. ... these appear to be at complete odds with the "recommended shifting" table in the manual, which appears to be complete nonsense:
gear 1 -> 2 : 12 mph
gear 2 -> 3 : 19 mph
gear 3 -> 4 : 24 mph (or close) ...,.
gear 5 -> 6: 37 mph

with this table, you are shifting again before you even let out the clutch, and that's taking it somewhat easy on the throttle.

question 1: can I assume this table is in fact the *minimum* speed for a shift, not the recommended speed - i.e. I will ignore it? Instead, I intend to vary the rpm as much as possible between 0-7500 rpm for the first 600 miles, with no full option throttle.

(1) i have heard plp running their shyt like a rapped ape right off the showroom floor with no issues. just stay under 8k for the break in. i NEVER shift @ those numbers. i dont even look at the tach or speedo just do it by sound or feel. hell you can do 80 in first on these things.lol

2) My last inline 4 ran smooth as silk - ... my gsk vibrates so much at highway speeds, the mirrors are next to useless (at least 5 discrete vibration mode points exist, rendering 5 images of a car in my mirror for every one car on the road...)... and my carpal tunnel is acting up.

if it was older i would say cupped tire or what not. being new, no i would take it to the shop its under warranty. something may be loose

question 2: is buzzing expected on the 2009 R750 models? I sure hope I find a way to reduce this...

buzzing from? my 03 buzz's from the aftermarket windsheild till i put some rubber gromets on.

A new poster,
-Solas

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
i believe the indicated speed shift range is for minimum rpm per gear, although highly not accurate. and the bike will buzz, and your hands will go numb if you dont understand proper sport bike riding technique. its a race replica bike, not a sport cruiser, sorry.

dont exceed the max rpm as the manual states till the engine is broke in properly and you will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.